Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you fighters use CBD?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learn Trigger Point therapy. See books by Bonnie Pruden.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
      Learn Trigger Point therapy. See books by Bonnie Pruden.
      Funny that you posted this just now but YES...this works. I've figured out how to do this after having it done to me by a massage therapist.

A couple of weeks ago I started have really bad back pain and at about the same time my dog started limping on her front leg bad. I have been trying to release the trigger points in both of use but wasn't having great success. Then last week I saw this thread and was considering trying CBD.

Instead I went and bought some MSM which seemed to have helped my dog and myself in the past. It's been 9 days and we both having been taking 5 grams of MSM a day...some days twice a day. I have been having so much pain that I almost wanted to puke from it and my dog would hobble and and bounce her head when she walked. It always seems that after a week of MSM it becomes easier to release the trigger points...they become softer. My theory is when we lock-up like this and harden it's from clarification...and that somehow sulfur (MSM) negates the bonding process of calcium making it easier to break down with pressure.

Anyways today I was able to release my trapezius which as it turns out was triggering severe pain under the shoulder blade. I had instant relief and then I was able to release muscle spasms from my bicep/tricep/shoulder and the full length of my trapezius (I lean on things and roll on a medicine ball in case you're wondering...I was able to reach around and dig my fingers in at the top of my trap initially) and removed all my pain. I feel amazing right now and just saw this thread again and your post.

Today as well I was also able to release all the locked-up muscle spasms in my dog from the top of her shoulder all the way down her leg and this is the first day in two weeks in which she is not hobbling and bouncing her head when she walks. I have been trying daily but until today I was only having limited success with her as well as myself. She's on the mends now it seems...we both are having a great day.

So yes indeed...trigger point release therapy has always been what has worked for me...and without it the problem lingers on forever it seems. It may just be coincidental...but it always seems that a week after I introduce MSM into the mix things work...otherwise without it not quite so well. But for $10-15 for a 300 gram bottle you have nothing to lose by trying it. Next week I will taper down the dose to about 1/2 and then by 1/2 again a couple of weeks later as a maintenance dose for a while. I will add this though...MSM alone without trigger point release therapy is not enough to resolve muscle spasm pain...but together they work wonders.

I also have been taking turmeric with pepper...but I have been taking that for a couple of years daily anyways...although I started giving it to my dog now as well since about the same time that we started with the MSM. This is supposedly good for inflammation amongst a host of many other things.
      Last edited by jaded; 11-26-2018, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        Funny that you posted this just now but YES...this works. I've figured out how to do this after having it done to me by a massage therapist.

A couple of weeks ago I started have really bad back pain and at about the same time my dog started limping on her front leg bad. I have been trying to release the trigger points in both of use but wasn't having great success. Then last week I saw this thread and was considering trying CBD.

Instead I went and bought some MSM which seemed to have helped my dog and myself in the past. It's been 9 days and we both having been taking 5 grams of MSM a day...some days twice a day. I have been having so much pain that I almost wanted to puke from it and my dog would hobble and and bounce her head when she walked. It always seems that after a week of MSM it becomes easier to release the trigger points...they become softer. My theory is when we lock-up like this and harden it's from clarification...and that somehow sulfur (MSM) negates the bonding process of calcium making it easier to break down with pressure.

Anyways today I was able to release my trapezius which as it turns out was triggering severe pain under the shoulder blade. I had instant relief and then I was able to release muscle spasms from my bicep/tricep/shoulder and the full length of my trapezius (I lean on things and roll on a medicine ball in case you're wondering...I was able to reach around and dig my fingers in at the top of my trap initially) and removed all my pain. I feel amazing right now and just saw this thread again and your post.

Today as well I was also able to release all the locked-up muscle spasms in my dog from the top of her shoulder all the way down her leg and this is the first day in two weeks in which she is not hobbling and bouncing her head when she walks. I have been trying daily but until today I was only having limited success with her as well as myself. She's on the mends now it seems...we both are having a great day.

So yes indeed...trigger point release therapy has always been what has worked for me...and without it the problem lingers on forever it seems. It may just be coincidental...but it always seems that a week after I introduce MSM into the mix things work...otherwise without it not quite so well. But for $10-15 for a 300 gram bottle you have nothing to lose by trying it. Next week I will taper down the dose to about 1/2 and then by 1/2 again a couple of weeks later as a maintenance dose for a while. I will add this thought...MSM alone without trigger point release therapy is not enough to resolve muscle spasm pain...but together they work wonders.

I also have been taking turmeric with pepper...but I have been taking that for a couple of years daily anyways...although I started giving it my dog now as well about the same time we started with the MSM. This is supposedly good for inflammation amongst a host of many other things.
        Great. There are many supplements and homeopathy for pain. Some come in topical ointments.
        Homeopathy is safer than herbs.
        There's many things out there that I'd avoid like capsaicin and others.
        Last edited by johnbook; 11-26-2018, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone, I have found an excellent CBD oil for depression. I have been depressed for a long time, but for some reason I didn't want to go to a psychologist. So, I decided to try it. I read a lot of articles about it on the internet. According to studies, CBD oil has some benefits for issues like chronic pain, depression, anxiety, arthritis, and seizures. I decided that this is just what I am looking for. It's not expensive, and I know it deserves the money spent. Cbd helped me a lot to return to a normal life.
          Last edited by kellerica; 06-03-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X