No announcement yet.

Any of you fighters use CBD?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    You used to fight, didn't you? Let me guess here.... with this wicked pain you notice a pain as well right between your shoulder blades, like somebody is just jamming their finger in to that spot...…...Rockin'
    Yea, that's it. It starts right around where the neck dips in and goes down between the shoulders. I remember even having this as a kid and just about all my life I've found myself popping/cranking my neck or shifting my shoulders every so often to try to get the tension to let up.
    I fought a lot as a kid and used to sparr real rough with friends (like, dangerously rough) so if you're saying it's a combat sports thing, that would make sense and I could have injured myself in my early teens.

None of the docs I had in the past did anything more than prescribe some codeine. The one I have now finally listened to me and she had me get some scans this week. I wanna get proactive against this issue as I don't imagine it's going to naturally get better with age.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Yea, that's it. It starts right around where the neck dips in and goes down between the shoulders. I remember even having this as a kid and just about all my life I've found myself popping/cranking my neck or shifting my shoulders every so often to try to get the tension to let up.
      I fought a lot as a kid and used to sparr real rough with friends (like, dangerously rough) so if you're saying it's a combat sports thing, that would make sense and I could have injured myself in my early teens.

None of the docs I had in the past did anything more than prescribe some codeine. The one I have now finally listened to me and she had me get some scans this week. I wanna get proactive against this issue as I don't imagine it's going to naturally get better with age.
      I don't believe that you can be proactive to the situation. I have a feeling that you liked to mix it up which means that you were aggressive. 1 simple straight jab could have caused it, just the same as a solid right hand could have. What we deal with is basically the same as whip lash symptoms. Can't protect against that no matter how good you are......Rockin'

Comment

Going to start out with the concentrated oil and some of the tea/smoke blend. If those work out, I'll try some of the others.

My girl has a chronic nerve disease (nerves were damaged and grew back incorrectly) from an accident a few years ago and the stuff the doc has her on is just too toxic to be living on forever. She had a med marijuana card but being high all the time wasn't working out either. Going to see if the CBD helps.

I have a chronic neck issue that comes and goes and it's been wicked lately so I'll give it a go as well because I'm finding myself drinking a bit more than I like to get the neck tension to ease up.
        Ah ok, good luck! From what I've seen it looks like people have a pretty good success rate with it for a wide range of ailments.

Comment

Going to start out with the concentrated oil and some of the tea/smoke blend. If those work out, I'll try some of the others.

My girl has a chronic nerve disease (nerves were damaged and grew back incorrectly) from an accident a few years ago and the stuff the doc has her on is just too toxic to be living on forever. She had a med marijuana card but being high all the time wasn't working out either. Going to see if the CBD helps.

I have a chronic neck issue that comes and goes and it's been wicked lately so I'll give it a go as well because I'm finding myself drinking a bit more than I like to get the neck tension to ease up.
          How is the neck doing now?

Comment

I use CBD twice a day. It's mildly expensive, but I get it from cbdmd (they have some of the best prices with a good product and you can find coupons online for 15-25% off).

I feel it definitely helps with recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              How is the neck doing now?
              Thanks for asking, I couldn't respond before because I hadn't started the CBD yet. First day, I was disappointed as it had zero immediate effect on the pain. It wasn't like smoking a bowl where you get some relief right away. However, 4 days in, it feels like my overall condition is a little more tolerable than it was a week ago. If it's helping, it's due to the benefits on the nervous system and overall health. My sleep has been better and mood is elevated.

I went ahead and ordered a 6 month supply just now because I want to give this a real shot, for both my wife and I. She says she feels immediate effects but I have to say that for immediate pain relief, it's been a big failure for me. I do think that it's working on another level though.

Comment

I do!! I however prefer it in it's smokable form. If your state allows it than I highly (no pun intended) recommend it...……..Rockin'

Comment

Thanks for asking, I couldn't respond before because I hadn't started the CBD yet. First day, I was disappointed as it had zero immediate effect on the pain. It wasn't like smoking a bowl where you get some relief right away. However, 4 days in, it feels like my overall condition is a little more tolerable than it was a week ago. If it's helping, it's due to the benefits on the nervous system and overall health. My sleep has been better and mood is elevated.

I went ahead and ordered a 6 month supply just now because I want to give this a real shot, for both my wife and I. She says she feels immediate effects but I have to say that for immediate pain relief, it's been a big failure for me. I do think that it's working on another level though.
                  What strain did you use, indica or sativa? ……..Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    What strain did you use, indica or sativa? ……..Rockin'
                    Mostly just oil extracts, and I'm not sure that the strain matters much at that level. I enjoy smoking (and even got some bud scraps for smoking) but I'm trying to be scientific in my experiment here and take the ritual of smoking out of the equation. Just the act of smoking can be relaxing but I'm trying to stick with sublingual oil so that I'm thinking less about the process and will be able to observe the results more fairly.

Did a lot of shopping around but these guys seem to offer the most CBD for the dollar when you buy a decent quantity. And, they lab test. https://starseedbotanicals.com/

The oil caps get down to $1ea when you buy 60, and that's definitely doable for me.
                    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 11-03-2018, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Mostly just oil extracts, and I'm not sure that the strain matters much at that level. I enjoy smoking (and even got some bud scraps for smoking) but I'm trying to be scientific in my experiment here and take the ritual of smoking out of the equation. Just the act of smoking can be relaxing but I'm trying to stick with sublingual oil so that I'm thinking less about the process and will be able to observe the results more fairly.

Did a lot of shipping around but these guys seem to offer the most CBD for the dollar when you buy a decent quantity. And, they lab test. https://starseedbotanicals.com/

The oil caps get down to $1ea when you buy 60, and that's definitely doable for me.
                      >>>>Pulls out his wallet to buy!

Comment

Working...
                      X