No announcement yet.

Adding weight to a heavy bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding weight to a heavy bag

there are a lot of seasoned vets here with many years of experience. I have very limited income. I cannot afford a 200 pound heavy bag. I have a 100 pound heavy bag that cost $95. Why is it that for double the weight it costs nearly $300-400 for a 200 pound bag. But my main question is how can I add more weight to my heavy bag and safely. I thought about roping or duct taping weights to my 100 pound bag, because I heard people talk about it in forums but have not seen any vids on youtube. Thanks!

Post the same question in the “training and Nutrition “ forum and you will get fewer low IQ responses.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      Post the same question in the “training and Nutrition “ forum and you will get fewer low IQ responses.
      I'm very confused. Shontae is a well spoken, intelligent young man who just provided us a comedic troll post. You're the one with the low IQ son.

Comment

LMAO beat me to it. You’re just going to get racist replies here or replies about azz cheeks

Comment

So I take it you don't post over there?

Comment

I bought a bag unfilled just because I wanted to fill and control weight myself. I did plastic bags with sand/gravel lined with clothes. I taped the plastic bags as well, it worked.

Found via youtube

Comment

What's wrong with 100lbs...its just a punching bag.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                What's wrong with 100lbs...its just a punching bag.
                What's wrong with 50lbs? 25lbs? 12.5lbs? 6.25lbs? 3.125lbs? 1.5625lbs 0.78.............................................. ......

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                  What's wrong with 50lbs? 25lbs? 12.5lbs? 6.25lbs? 3.125lbs? 1.5625lbs 0.78.............................................. ......
                  Well 100lbs is heavy enough😂

Comment

Originally posted by dannytrantom View Post
                    there are a lot of seasoned vets here with many years of experience. I have very limited income. I cannot afford a 200 pound heavy bag. I have a 100 pound heavy bag that cost $95. Why is it that for double the weight it costs nearly $300-400 for a 200 pound bag. But my main question is how can I add more weight to my heavy bag and safely. I thought about roping or duct taping weights to my 100 pound bag, because I heard people talk about it in forums but have not seen any vids on youtube. Thanks!
                    Ok, I'm in punching bag capital of the world, Southern California . This is the Mecca of punching bags . Revgear, Pro Boxing Supplies, Pro Boxing Equipment, Outslayer, Prolast , BiltTuff, PermaBilt and Musashi are/were making bags here.
                    The standard weight for NO SAND added bags are 80 lbs for 14" by 45-48" bags. 100 lbs for 5 foot versions of that . Or 18" by 4 feet. 200 lbs would be HUGE AND LONG. You're looking at 20" by 5 feet or so .
                    The reason they are so much more expensive than 100 lbs bags is they use more FILLING and the bags are larger . The best filler are POLYESTER cloth . They have hydraulic press that press those fabric . IF they made a 4 ft bag into a 200 lbs bag ( 14" diameter ), the filler would be TOO HARD.
                    If they add sand ( in bags ), the bag would develop hard spots. Those are common with cheap Everlast bags .

My advice to you is to get an unfilled 18" by 5 ft. bag . Go to Ebay and search Hammer Head punching bag. He can probably make you one for less than $100. Then you will have to gather polyester/rayon cloth and fill that bag yourself . Use sledgehammer to compact the filler .
                    You're gonna need a lot of cloth. You might have to hit a lot of tailors in your local area to ask for their cutoffs. Best would be those who make women's dress b/c they use a lot of rayon . Cotton/denim are too hard and are not springy.

Comment

Working...
                    X