Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: How Much Alcohol Can You Drink Before It Starts to Mess with Your Fitness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U can't drink alcohol if u r serious

Comment

If you're consuming one or two drinks, it's ok. any more than that any you're asking for trouble and I will explain why.

So, your brain is comprised of this GABA system that makes you feel good after working out. After doing anything, really. But the reward it gives you is more if the task is more immense, i.e. if you jump rope for two mins and sit down you'll probably get a fresh shot of dopamine with a little DMT thrown in for good measure. When you do something like drink alcohol, what happens is all the exact same reward centers that fire off from your exercise rewards, well, they are firing off with this alcohol use. What it's doing, is, it's messing with how good exercise feels to you, how long those good feelings last, etc. Because the receptors in your brain are receding.

If you drink more than two, you are just creating 'debt' you will have to work off, eventually, in your own fashion.

Also, consuming alcohol excessively fast, or doing so on an empty stomach can permanently damage your nervous system, brain, etc. I consider this, alcohol, one of the many silent killers. I saw my old man crawl out of a front doorway one Christmas, but he was a great father so I seemed to have found the error in his ways, never been too bad off with the drinking myself. But I think seein him crawlin around and *****, that Christmas, is what makes me now, in my deep dark depths of getting tanked which is very rarely, not reach for another beer.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
        If you're consuming one or two drinks, it's ok. any more than that any you're asking for trouble and I will explain why.

So, your brain is comprised of this GABA system that makes you feel good after working out. After doing anything, really. But the reward it gives you is more if the task is more immense, i.e. if you jump rope for two mins and sit down you'll probably get a fresh shot of dopamine with a little DMT thrown in for good measure. When you do something like drink alcohol, what happens is all the exact same reward centers that fire off from your exercise rewards, well, they are firing off with this alcohol use. What it's doing, is, it's messing with how good exercise feels to you, how long those good feelings last, etc. Because the receptors in your brain are receding.

If you drink more than two, you are just creating 'debt' you will have to work off, eventually, in your own fashion.

Also, consuming alcohol excessively fast, or doing so on an empty stomach can permanently damage your nervous system, brain, etc. I consider this, alcohol, one of the many silent killers. I saw my old man crawl out of a front doorway one Christmas, but he was a great father so I seemed to have found the error in his ways, never been too bad off with the drinking myself. But I think seein him crawlin around and *****, that Christmas, is what makes me now, in my deep dark depths of getting tanked which is very rarely, not reach for another beer.
        listen to this dude.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
          listen to this dude.
          Always great to see Baya in the house.

Comment

I find that i cant walk more than 200 metres unless its to get alcohol....and i also find that if i have consumed a lot of alcohol that i can run a lot faster....especially if its to avoid the local constabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
              let me ask you something, you ever know anyone to get any benefit from drinking? outside of a good buzz.

don't be a simpleton, just answer that very easy question.
              Thank you for the compliment baya. I have to say, no. It's all about the buzz, the firing off of our reward region.

I feel like one beer helps me analyze a fight better and see punches flow a bit better.

edit-
              I heard from a good math teacher that if you learn the mathematics with an alcohol buzz, you would be smart having a beer or two before your exam, since you learned the material in that same state. I feel that is why if you see the dart throwing guys on tv, in the championships, I personally don't watch that but you'll notice that they all brandish goblets of ale as they toss the darts. It's because they learned and got good at throwing darts while under the influence. Makes total sense
              Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 03-03-2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Always great to see Baya in the house.
                hope you're good October!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
                  Thank you for the compliment baya. I have to say, no. It's all about the buzz, the firing off of our reward region.

I feel like one beer helps me analyze a fight better and see punches flow a bit better.

edit-
                  I heard from a good math teacher that if you learn the mathematics with an alcohol buzz, you would be smart having a beer or two before your exam, since you learned the material in that same state. I feel that is why if you see the dart throwing guys on tv, in the championships, I personally don't watch that but you'll notice that they all brandish goblets of ale as they toss the darts. It's because they learned and got good at throwing darts while under the influence. Makes total sense
                  i'm hip. i remember playing pool and there was a cut off point, like between beers 5-7, where i'd be in the zone and couldn't miss but if i had just ONE more then i'd be a complete liability.

cheers my guy, i see your new here and welcome, you already seem to be an asset around here.

Comment

When I was younger I drank and smoked cigs a lot, and my fitness was still top notch, but I worked hard in the gym to do that, but I sparred I def felt the effects from smoking, so I would take the 2nd minute of each round off.

When your ur yo No you can get away with a lot, once you hit the age around 29 all your bad health habits start having a much harder effect on yOu.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                      When I was younger I drank and smoked cigs a lot, and my fitness was still top notch, but I worked hard in the gym to do that, but I sparred I def felt the effects from smoking, so I would take the 2nd minute of each round off.

When your ur yo No you can get away with a lot, once you hit the age around 29 all your bad health habits start having a much harder effect on yOu.
                      Makes me wish I hung out with Addix when I was younger.

Comment

Working...
                      X