Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beer and Training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I've felt much better in training after a beer the night before. Whether it is just refreshing and relaxing I'm not sure. But I actually feel stronger after the odd one. I'm sure lomachenko also has the odd beer I've seen somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
      Lol. I think some people aren't really following what I'm saying here. I'm not talking about beer drinking as in college age "let's get fu*ked up" beer drinking. I'm talking about 1 or 2 beers tops every once and a while, certainly not every day and certainly not before going to the gym and certainly not in the weeks leading up to a fight.

Too many people here think that beer is the devil.
      Obviously not really bad for your performance to drink 1 beer once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by JayID View Post
        Personally I've felt much better in training after a beer the night before. Whether it is just refreshing and relaxing I'm not sure. But I actually feel stronger after the odd one. I'm sure lomachenko also has the odd beer I've seen somewhere?
        Yeah there is a documentary about him on Top Rank before his last fight.
        He casually drinks a beer there. But thats super rare I'd argue.

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
          Yeah there is a documentary about him on Top Rank before his last fight.
          He casually drinks a beer there. But thats super rare I'd argue.
          Yeah super rare, but think it is ok.

The guy is a super athlete, remember this is his job, he can put an extra hard shift in the following day to negate any calories increase.

He doesn't sit at a computer for 10 hours a day, then have to tidy a house, put children to bed etc then hit the gym not in the right mind set

Comment

When i used to go to the gym hundreds of years ago. I had this guy that i trained with who was a big time runner that loved to drink beer.

I dont know how this dude would find the energy day after day staying true to his way of life. But for every mile hed run that meant he could have a beer and also for every ten minutes in the gym he spent working out that meant he also have a beer.

The dude would do on a consistent basis run 5 to ten miles a days and the work out for a hour to an hour and a half.

The MFer at the end of the day would end up drinking anywhere from 11 to 20 beers. And he kept this routine up day after day for as long as i knew him.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
              When i used to go to the gym hundreds of years ago. I had this guy that i trained with who was a big time runner that loved to drink beer.

I dont know how this dude would find the energy day after day staying true to his way of life. But for every mile hed run that meant he could have a beer and also for every ten minutes in the gym he spent working out that meant he also have a beer.

The dude would do on a consistent basis run 5 to ten miles a days and the work out for a hour to an hour and a half.

The MFer at the end of the day would end up drinking anywhere from 11 to 20 beers. And he kept this routine up day after day for as long as i knew him.
              That's over doing it and at that point, I would have to imagine that he would've been a better athlete had he cut down on the consumption. Then again, he could just have been that one freak of nature who has all the right genes that gives him this almost super human ability to do what you describe.

I used to be a mover when I was on summer break during college. I thought it would be a piece of cake, as I already lifted regularly at the time, worked out on a regular basis, didn't smoke at all. Was by far the hardest job I ever had I'm still amazed to this day that I did it for a full summer. Pure physical labor. Think of a cross fit type of workout for 4 plus hours with a few breaks in between.

Get this, of the 50 some odd movers that worked with me, I'd estimate that close to 3/4 of the movers smoked and ate pure garbage. I'm talkin cupcakes and pure grease burgers all day. They could lift the heaviest pieces of furniture. It always seemed that the guys who smoked the most and ate the worst **** got through the hard moves the best. While I was struggling to get through the day, eating nuts, whole grain energy bars, water.

Saw a guy lift this giant, stone lawn statue that I couldn't lift for the life of me. He lifted it up to his chest and onto the shelf in the attic of the truck. I look at him and ask, "Jesus Christ dude what do you eat!" His response was a 30 rack of icehouse every night. Idk. Peoples bodies just get used to anything I guess.

Comment

Was about to say something but then realized OP is bmorph, he gets a pass

Comment

Working...
                X