Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beer and Training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 or 2 there probably wouldn't hurt. If you're only at the amatuer level then yeah, here and there should be alright. Just make sure the food you are eating is on point and nutricious.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
      I want to hear some thoughts on this.

I don't mean getting fu*ked up. I mean like 1 or 2 beers every once and a while. Not necessarily while training for a fight, but in between fights. I feel like it wouldn't make much of a difference in performance. Thoughts?
      I had 5 before this seems to work.....

Obviously the real answer would be yes it slows your reaction time down as you could see in the above vid.

Comment

If you're training hard day in and day out, you won't even notice the effects of a few beers here and there.....even the odd serious night out!

But if you are trying to keep your fight weight down for competition, beer isn't the ideal beverage at all.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          I had 5 before this seems to work.....

Obviously the real answer would be yes it slows your reaction time down as you could see in the above vid.
          I thought you were fast?

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
            I want to hear some thoughts on this.

I don't mean getting fu*ked up. I mean like 1 or 2 beers every once and a while. Not necessarily while training for a fight, but in between fights. I feel like it wouldn't make much of a difference in performance. Thoughts?
            Try it out. See how it effects YOU. Alcohol doesn't necessarily have the same effect on everybody. Some people can handle a few beers. Others can't.

Comment

When was the last time Beer did any training?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                When was the last time Beer did any training?
                Beer is always in training thats where it gets the term HOPS as the main ingredient...because the more you hop the more active you stay and everyones happy.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Beer is always in training thats where it gets the term HOPS as the main ingredient...because the more you hop the more active you stay and everyones happy.
                  I should have clarified..."Beerculees"

Comment

Seems to work for Dart players..

Comment

Lol. I think some people aren't really following what I'm saying here. I'm not talking about beer drinking as in college age "let's get fu*ked up" beer drinking. I'm talking about 1 or 2 beers tops every once and a while, certainly not every day and certainly not before going to the gym and certainly not in the weeks leading up to a fight.

Too many people here think that beer is the devil.

Comment

Working...
                      X