Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Run EVERYDAY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run at least 3 times a week, but lately have been running 5-6 to compensate for not hitting the gym for other training the past few weeks, but once I get back into that rythym I will tone it down again.

The cardio and heartrate-work is more important than just the pure running, it's a method of cardio but not the only one. jump rope, actual boxing, treadmills, ellipticals, and other HIIT even sprints all do more or less the same thing, but balance is good.

I try and do at least one long run a week if not two, and the other days do sprint intervals or something lighter, but always try to do something to break that sweat and get the heart rate up

Comment

Depends on what you are training for, if you are trying to make weight, stamina, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        About 3 miles each session

Averaging 7 mins 30 secs per mile
        this is good.

mix it in with some sprinting drills some days and a long run on a sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          About 3 miles each session

Averaging 7 mins 30 secs per mile
          U can repeat a 23 minute run 4 times a week, should be no problem at all, but u definitley need 2 days off to recover.

Try to incorporate hills in ur runs and try to go hard for 3 minutes and then jog slowly for 1 minute, try to repeat that throughout ur run, this will help with explosiveness and recovery time during the fight, if u r preparing for a 4 round fight then the 3 mile run with 3 minute hard, 1 minute easy intervals should be enough.

Try to avoid long distance runs as they don't do much for a boxer and they take a toll on ur joints and tendons on the long run. Get enough sleep and drink enough fluids to help ur body recover and u don't necessarily have to run on the days u spar, and don't spar more than 4 times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
            Nope.

I got an awful tendon injury, which took me 6 months to recover, just because I didn't listen to my body.

Your tendons and ligaments need recovery and time to adjust to the stress.

Also, don't run on hard surfaces such as concrete! Rather run on track or grass fields.

I would advise you to run 3 - 4 times a week, or 2 times a week if you just picked up running again.

Listen to your body! When you feel some pain in your feets, knees or legs DON'T run! Take a couple of days to recover and begin lightly again.

And lastly good running shoes, daily stretching (glutes, calves, hamstrings, quadriceps etc), and strengthening of your ankles/ feet or knee muscles which surround the names 3, is really important
            most important thing here.

if you feel a dull pain in your heel, chill for two weeks. if you feel that shooting pain in your shin, chill. that hip pain that's probably it band, tap out for a few. i've never had any lingering injuries but i know i'd have long standing ones if i didn't pay attention.

Comment

I think that you should run almost every day or 5 times per week. But not too many kilometres every time.

I think you should do what spreeders are doing. Put some extra weight on your body and try to do small distances in good timings. This is how you will upgrade your physical fitness level.

Comment

start of 3 times a week, eg tues thurs sat. Run 3 miles and build it up
                If you want can also run 5 times a week 1-2 and a half miles each time.
                When I'm training for competition:
                tues 2-3mile slow jog
                thurs Hill sprints/Intervals/HIIT what ever you want that's anaerobic
                Sat 3-6 mile slow jog, or 3-5 mile run mixing up the tempo.

Also I'd disagree with running too much, when you're a pro boxer you are literally a semi runner too, all most fighters run loads, for fitness and discipline. Carl froch would run around 5 times a week and it shows for his fitness and grit he had in the ring.
                Amateur boxer, 3 times a week is good

Comment

I run every other day, alternating between training days and running days.

I follow my boy Abel Sanchez's instructions.

Comment

I always felt better benefits when running 5 days a week. I used to run every other day but I couldn't feel my stamina getting better. It used to be hard to run 2 miles every other day but I upped the intensity to 5x per week and it became easy fairly quickly.

Comment

take steroids then you can train all the timem u dont even need to sleep

Comment

Working...
                      X