Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good is a Thai Boxer in Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing methods are boxing methods NOT full contact not Muay not Judo not anything in comparison!
    His right side isn't bad but he leans in with his punch and that eliminates the twist at the waist that eliminates the shoulder for power that eliminates the hip for more power then he just stands there because correct boxing "finishing" in the combat sports is not part of their methodology! His right side could be improved and can become decent.
    His left side is a mess for boxing! He arches his back to throw his left hook and that alone makes it an arm punch. His balance is shot to hell and counter left hooks will do the damage. I have trained a number of "full contact" guys in the 70's and 80's and their bad habits were all the same because of dealing with kicks! They were all very stiff and gave away all their punches with elbows popping out and actually aiming their shots. Not sure what caused this but it seemed to accompany all of them.

Just because a fight breaks out and theirs rules that apply makes the different techniques, methodologies and conditioning's complete different from sport to sport.

Banchamek I'm sure is a qualified pro in his sport but in a boxing ring he gets steam rolled, once by counters and brutally when backed up!
    No disrespect a boxer gets the short end of the stick when he enters his world!

Ray

Comment

I don't think you can do too much ducking and weaving in thai boxing, they use legs too and will kick your head off if your head is any where waist height.

Comment

Those hooks are awful; He puts all his weight on his front leg every time he throws it, his other leg even comes off the ground at some points, if you avoided the punch he'd be off balance. His arm is comes out wide, you could see it coming a mile away and easily have time to block it. He leans his head as he throws as well, if you blocked his right hook with your left arm and threw your own right hook, he would be leaning right into your punch. If you avoided his hook and threw your own he would practically fall onto your punch, even a weak puncher would knock him out.

He doesn't have much power, he's much bigger than the pad holder and he's barely moving him. Combinations are slow, With combinations it's not about the speed of the punches but the time gap between each punch. The next punch should be firing when the last one is still on its way back.

based on that video, I would rate his boxing skill at beginner level.

Comment

well for starters slipping and weaving, all the really technical stuff in pure boxing doesn't exsist in Muay Thai. but they are professionals and certainly strike at a higher level than mma fighters

Comment

Working...
          X