No announcement yet.

Warm up before a fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm up before a fight

So how long would you recommend to warm up before amateur fights?

I have read that it takes 30 to 40 minutes for the limbs to be fully warmed up
    but to warm up that long before fights seems ridiculous.
    Pro fighters warm up to such an extent that they are having quite the sweat on before they step in the ring. But wouldnt it be countra productive since you would be quite exhausted before it even begins?

If you get "exhausted" warming up for ANY length of time you better not fight!!

Here is a basic routine for you to start with.
    Prior to sparring get a stretch and shadow routine going and see how long it takes for you to "warm up". You should have broken a sweat and have been able to sit down for a few minutes before a short shake out and walk to the ring.
    Some guys can get loose quickly others need more time. You have to figure out your specific needs.
    Use your spar sessions to help time your warm ups.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
      So how long would you recommend to warm up before amateur fights?

I have read that it takes 30 to 40 minutes for the limbs to be fully warmed up
      but to warm up that long before fights seems ridiculous.
      Pro fighters warm up to such an extent that they are having quite the sweat on before they step in the ring. But wouldnt it be countra productive since you would be quite exhausted before it even begins?
      30-40 mins seems a bit excessive. I would say warming-up time depends on age. A teen or guy in his early 20s is a bit more limber than a guy in his late 20s early 30s. Personally it takes me an average of 8-9 mins to start sweating skipping rope or jogging but mind u Im 32 & i sweat very easy & heavily (always have.) but if u are going to spar. Id suggest 3 rds of skipping rope & 2 on the focus mits so about 15mins. Id say thats average. Also ive been told to never stretch until u are warm, when i was a teen & in my 20s never felt like i had to stretch. Post 30, its a must lol

Comment

Working...
      X