Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the single best exercise to target core muscles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the single best exercise to target core muscles?

that's been proven by science?

is it the plank?

is it the sit up?

is it something else?

Originally posted by tago nang tago View Post
    that's been proven by science?

Is it the plank?

Is it the sit up?

Is it something else?
    core means fcuk all dude, its mumbo jumbo for tards that want to sound knowledgeable but haven't studied anatomy, list the muscle or muscles u want to work!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
      core means fcuk all dude, its mumbo jumbo for tards that want to sound knowledgeable but haven't studied anatomy, list the muscle or muscles u want to work!
      i guess my abdominals?

it's more or less for cycling, i ride my road bike and my arms get tired of supporting my body in an awkward race position on the drops of the handlebar. i've been told i need to exercise my core to hold my body longer in this position.

Comment

hey AlexKid, i am thinking of doing this route for a month straight.

will it get me results do u think?

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
          hey AlexKid, i am thinking of doing this route for a month straight.

will it get me results do u think?

yes thats very sport specific great idea

Comment

Do dips.

Comment

plank and that ab rolling machine, that ab wheel thing will burn the hell out of yoru stomach, sit ups are horrible and outdated they just throwing your lower back out a lot of people who do crunches and sit ups have back issues later in life.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                Do dips.

interesting choice. i wish i had something to do proper dips on like two rails or something. i guess i can do it on a chair too.
                plank and that ab rolling machine, that ab wheel thing will burn the hell out of yoru stomach, sit ups are horrible and outdated they just throwing your lower back out a lot of people who do crunches and sit ups have back issues later in life.
                cool cool i have an ab wheel but i haven't used it because my core is too weak to even do a few with proper form. and i read ab wheel done with bad form can mess up ur back.

Comment

Your core is strong in relation to your bodyweight, so it should always be reasonably strong no matter what size you are.

Deadlifts and squats are probably the best when it comes to increasing the core strength. The deadlift uses the majority of useful muscles in the body and same with the squat.

From personnal experience, bulking up in weight and cutting back down in weight makes your core a lot stronger. You could also do situps and go running with weights on your back, I know some people who run with a sportsbag filled with 20KG of sand on their back for military training. If you can get your body used to supporting a body that weighs 20+ kilos more than you weigh, your bodyweight will be easy for your body to support.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
                    cool cool i have an ab wheel but i haven't used it because my core is too weak to even do a few with proper form. and i read ab wheel done with bad form can mess up ur back.
                    Buy a dip station with pull-up bar attached. You can get a good one for like $200.

Comment

Working...
                    X