No announcement yet.

What type of Jump Rope should I Buy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of Jump Rope should I Buy?

Im looking online and they got some of these new adjustable thin speed ropes, Are those good?

This guy claimed he did no running or road work, just Jump rope for cardio, boxing training, and some functional workouts

his workout routine to burn fat
    http://www.rigsfitness.co.uk/lose-bo...ness-training/

Last edited by hectari; 04-20-2016, 12:50 AM.

Comment

They're cheap. Buy a couple and see which style you like. I prefer the leather with wood handles. A little slower and easier to feel/control.

Comment

Thinner they are, harder to control.
        I have a thin and a thick one and it's much harder to jump with the thinner one because it just wants to go faster and faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
          Thinner they are, harder to control.
          I have a thin and a thick one and it's much harder to jump with the thinner one because it just wants to go faster and faster.
          yeah I got a thicker speed rope, but the new thinner ones made of wire with rubber around them are used mainly in cross fit for double under circuits.

Also I read that if the thin ones slap you hard in the leg it can cut you or really feel like a whip, they are thin wires like a weed wacker, and they are not good for doing tricks with, you can criss cross them, you basically used them for double unders and speed.

Comment

Leather rope, wood handles with rollers.
            There is NO substitute for road work, only injury stops a fighter from road work!
            Ray

Comment

I use both types
              I've an old school thai rope with thick plastic & a new thinner plastic with better bearings in the handles
              Best tip for learning, bare foot with curtain wire. You'll hurt your feet a few times but it'll teach u to lift them & ime is best for getting the knack of it

Comment

Don't know what an adjustable rope is if you're shorter tie a loose knot in it

Comment

And that's for the optimum rope lenght they say

Comment

You can loose knot it up near the handles to adjust for length.

Comment

Working...
                    X