No announcement yet.

Get in shape Contest!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a before pic

And I wanna increase the size of me shouldrs biceps and bunr some fat in midsection.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BrooklynBomber; 02-11-2007, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      i dont have any before or after pictures to show but i think ive got everyone beat.... i never post in here so dont call me a liar... lol

i started working out on october 25th of 2006, i weighed 236 pounds and i bench pressed a mesley 185 pounds.... i had not lifted or really excercised in upwards of 6 months after i dislocated my shoulder...

as of january 25th, the 3 month mark i now weigh 189 pounds and i can bench press 245 pounds....

also, i stand 6'3 1/2 inches tall

in 3 months i have lost 47 pounds meanwhile i have added 60 pounds to my bench press.....

WORD!

Cong**** man...thats inspiring ! You should post up what you did to lose the weight !

Comment

• Posted this in another thread...but might as well post in here as well. If anyone has any words of wisdom that might help me, you're more than welcome to put in your .02 !

I need to cut down to about 150LBS...I'm at 181 right now...down 13LBS from about a month ago. Its probably mostly water weight...but what I've done is change my eating habits...and finally get back into the gym, to do some weight training, but mostly cardio.

A typical day for me:

Breakfast:

8:00am

Oatmeal ( 2 Packs of raw sugar )
        2 slices of whole wheat bread ( Lite Margarine )
        1 Hard Boiled Egg ( Most of the time, I'll only have the white )

Mid Morning Snack:

10:00am

An apple or orange
        Pineapple slices, pear slices...

Really any kind of fruit, just for the extra energy boost, to hold me down until lunch...

Lunch:

12:30 - 1:00pm

Tuna Sandwich on whole wheat w/ a slice of cheese in it

Or

A salad w/ dressing

Afternoon Snack:

4:00pm

Yogurt, or a fruit cup or some fruits

Dinner

6:00pm - 8:00pm ( it varies on the time...but I try to keep it as early as possible )

I'll try to have something like a Subway Turkey Breast sandwich...or a Lean Pocket, or a Lean Cuisine meal...

Now this is not exactly the same everyday...during the day while I'm at work, its a lot easier, because I have easy access to all of these good foods. Its when I get home that I have a tougher time finding healthy choices.

As far as excersizing...I started hitting the gym again a few weeks back, so just trying to get into the groove of things. I tried a boxing class, and it kicked my ass, and was sore for about 4 days after. So I figured I'd at least try and get into a little better condition before trying to take it on head first.

So, I've been pretty consistant for the most part, at getting into the gym for at least 4-5 days a week, for about an hour and a half, two hours at the most.

I'll usually start like this:

Stationary Bike - 10 minute warmup, low speed, low intensity...

Get up and stretch...

Hop back onto the bike, and go for about 30 minutes...going 2 minutes at a moderate speed, then kicking up a few levels for a minute, than going back down to moderate speed for two minutes. And repeat this cycle.

Haven't really gotten very deep into the weight training, so I'll usually do about 5 sets of light weight at about 12-15 reps per set.

So far, I've been feeling a lot more energized, but did eat a ****load of buffalo wings last night from Round Table. And feel like **** today, from all the grease and what not.

So far, have went down from 194 to 181, since about the second week of January.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          i dont have any before or after pictures to show but i think ive got everyone beat.... i never post in here so dont call me a liar... lol

i started working out on october 25th of 2006, i weighed 236 pounds and i bench pressed a mesley 185 pounds.... i had not lifted or really excercised in upwards of 6 months after i dislocated my shoulder...

as of january 25th, the 3 month mark i now weigh 189 pounds and i can bench press 245 pounds....

also, i stand 6'3 1/2 inches tall

in 3 months i have lost 47 pounds meanwhile i have added 60 pounds to my bench press.....

WORD!
          Thats cool
          Cong**** and all but could you tell us what you did lol

Comment

• Week 2.

Weight: went from 162 to 160
            Last edited by BrooklynBomber; 02-21-2007, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Sadly, I will have to take a few days off, since I am cold. If all is good I will come back to training on saturday

Comment

• Just a little update...

I've been continuing with the little program I posted above...and am now down to 176. Started at 194 on January 13th...

Comment

• Originally posted by MOREBASS View Post
                  Just a little update...

I've been continuing with the little program I posted above...and am now down to 176. Started at 194 on January 13th...
                  You got any pictures from then and now?? sounds like you doing well. 18lbs in 5 weeks.

Comment

• Unfortunately...no pics...damn...I should.

Thanks tho man...I'm gonna take some flicks of at least where I'm at now...which isn't saying much...I still want to cut down to 150 ! On my way tho !

Comment

• Pic of me at 160
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X