No announcement yet.

Fight in about 7-14 days. How to train for it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
    When you're in a street fight against someone inexperienced then yes, it works out better than breaking metacarpals on their skull. The topic at hand IS an inexperienced fighter preparing for a street fight, how would you like me to answer? By suggesting that he traps him? Baits him? Might as well tell him to pull the Bruce Lee chest strike and kill him with a single blow .
    first of all what makes you believe that the kid could block any shots and further more what makes you believe that his timing would be as sharp to dig one in the body if he did block the shot?

then, what makes you believe that there is anything to be gained by fighting in the street.

the kid could be king of the street, where nobody knows how to fight and it's easy pickins. the kid could be king of the know nothins wearing his crown of ****.

sooner or later the kid will run in to a properly trained fighter, somebody who can truly fight back, what advise do you give him then, block and go to the body?

Then when knives and guns are pulled what will you tell him? Easy, block and go to the body ah?

street fights are for fools, period.

what is your level of true skill and experience to where you can give any true advice?

any fool knows that when fighting with bare fists that you slip shots, not block them.
    Last edited by Rockin'; 04-22-2015, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      first of all what makes you believe that the kid could block any shots and further more what makes you believe that his timing would be as sharp to dig one in the body if he did block the shot?

then, what makes you believe that there is anything to be gained by fighting in the street.

the kid could be king of the street, where nobody knows how to fight and it's easy pickins. the kid could be king of the know nothins wearing his crown of ****.

sooner or later the kid will run in to a properly trained fighter, somebody who can truly fight back, what advise do you give him then, block and go to the body?

Then when knives and guns are pulled what will you tell him? Easy, block and go to the body ah?

street fights are for fools, period.

what is your level of true skill and experience to where you can give any true advice?

any fool knows that when fighting with bare fists that you slip shots, not block them.
      Slipping takes more skill than blocking, and have you ever been in a street fight? If the fighter's inexperienced they're usually swinging their arms not snapping punches, putting you hand up will be more useful than trying to slip without any experience and leaving your chin open.

Moreover, adding onto what I said when was the last time you saw someone with their elbows tucked in a street fight? He doesn't need timing he just needs to throw.

Never did I say he's going to gain anything from the street, however sometimes **** happens. Just because he got into one lousy street fight doesn't suddenly mean he's going to turn into some underground fighter. You're acting like he's training to become some next level bare knuckle fighter.

Guess what, your advice is good when it comes to the ring but fighting in the street isn't boxing. Boxing will help if you have the experience but he clearly doesn't so giving him a pointer or two is better than coming back with some half assed "what's wrong with these kids" grandpa response.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
        Slipping takes more skill than blocking, and have you ever been in a street fight? If the fighter's inexperienced they're usually swinging their arms not snapping punches, putting you hand up will be more useful than trying to slip without any experience and leaving your chin open.

Moreover, adding onto what I said when was the last time you saw someone with their elbows tucked in a street fight? He doesn't need timing he just needs to throw.

Never did I say he's going to gain anything from the street, however sometimes **** happens. Just because he got into one lousy street fight doesn't suddenly mean he's going to turn into some underground fighter. You're acting like he's training to become some next level bare knuckle fighter.

Guess what, your advice is good when it comes to the ring but fighting in the street isn't boxing. Boxing will help if you have the experience but he clearly doesn't so giving him a pointer or two is better than coming back with some half assed "what's wrong with these kids" grandpa response.

what good will you 'pointer or two' do for this kid if he doesn't know how to fight. you don't learn to fight by reading advice from other people who don't know how to fight. you don't learn to fight reading advice from people who can fight.

yeah, put your hand up to block a punch. the open hand is among the most fragile parts in your body. block the punch and get a bone cracked in your hand, great advice.

I've been attacked in the streets, blind sided and hit by cheap shots when I wasn't looking. Take the shot, smile and laugh as I walk towards them and they run away like the street fighting beatches that they are. these idiots are not looking to fight anything close to a person who can fight back. that's why he chose this kid to pick on.

if the kid knows nothing of fighting than why fight, to back up his rep?

after the word gets around that this kid will fight back, but can't fight for ****, the other bullies who are looking for some fun will make him a target for more bull****.

you should stick to giving advice from your couch as you watch the men who know how to fight do it with honor on your television. idiot advice like yours will get somebody who thought that you knew wtf you were talking about hurt, maybe hurt bad.

fighting in the streets is for fools.
        Last edited by Rockin'; 04-22-2015, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Notboxer_runner View Post
          Hey Guys, things aren't going too bad!
          I've been swimming a lot in the past month which I have noticed has given me quite a lot of base upper body strength (at least for me) and have just been doing normal shizz since first posting, push ups, a few 11kg dumbbell exercises. I've been practice fighting with mates more and more, eating more(pasta,eggs,meat.. Healthy stuff w carbs and protein) and I already do core exercises every other night so that's got to be good aswell! I known this is gonna be tough, but I am starting to feel a little more confident. Going to start a shadow boxing routine I found tommorrow! Keep up the good advice guys
          Sounds like you're ready for the olympic trials 2016. Make sure you drink a dozen raw eggs every morning.

Comment

Fight has been pushed forward. It's tommorow. I'll give it everything I've got, and will let you guys know how it went down. Thanks for everything guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              Sounds like you're ready for the olympic trials 2016. Make sure you drink a dozen raw eggs every morning.

Fight has been pushed forward. It's tommorow. I'll give it everything I've got, and will let you guys know how it went down. Thanks for everything guys.
              "peeleft:

Comment

LOL, the best advice I can give you is throw as many as you can and as hard as you can. Street fights dont last too long so just throw a high volume and keep them straight and keeps the hooks compact. If you're short and stocky like me, your opponent will have a hard time hitting you and you WILL overwhelm them. Good luck mate and nice knowing you

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady96 View Post
                  LOL, the best advice I can give you is throw as many as you can and as hard as you can.
                  Best advise I could have given him would have been not to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    Best advise I could have given him would have been not to show up.
                    Lol you can't run from your problems cause they will come back and bite you in the ass. He might be dead now...

Comment

Anyone want to bet on this fight I've got a billion points on the other guy

Comment

Working...
                      X