Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improving stamina for an inboxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For inside stamina get on a heavy bag and use it for drills and putting combinations together. Make sure you have 360d to work around and use your legs to breakdown with and punch off with.
    I see so many young men use the heavy bag to "box with" as if their shadow boxing it with pitter patter shots.
    You need a bag that has the correct "give to it" in the strike zones, not mush but not a rock that could damage your hands. In an era when most talents don't have power because power techniques aren't taught and tools like the heavy bag are missed used.
    You can set up your drills for 3 rounds then work 3 rounds as you can conditioning you extend the rounds and then extend the time to 5min.
    If you bust your inner core stamina you will be able to extend your punch rate inside dramatically.
    Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      For inside stamina get on a heavy bag and use it for drills and putting combinations together. Make sure you have 360d to work around and use your legs to breakdown with and punch off with.
      I see so many young men use the heavy bag to "box with" as if their shadow boxing it with pitter patter shots.
      You need a bag that has the correct "give to it" in the strike zones, not mush but not a rock that could damage your hands. In an era when most talents don't have power because power techniques aren't taught and tools like the heavy bag are missed used.
      You can set up your drills for 3 rounds then work 3 rounds as you can conditioning you extend the rounds and then extend the time to 5min.
      If you bust your inner core stamina you will be able to extend your punch rate inside dramatically.
      Ray
      I've heard a lot about this inner core stamina. How exactly do you improve it?

Comment

Working...
      X