Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, i do a lot of sprinting at the moment, im picking up niggles...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zapdos View Post
    im resting this week basically, all week, i aint training, i trained saturday, i was in the gym, cause of the explosive workouts, made me achelles worse.

Now, im resting, im thinking 10 days maybe, i just got to make sure i dont put on weight, cause that will be taking a backwards step.

I did overtrain, and i turned my little niggles into full blown injuries now, my coach has pissed me off.

but i think he just wants to get the best of me, overtraining wont help nobody though, and with his experience, he was a decathalon athlete, i thought he would of realised.
    Do some intense home ab workouts - they raise your heart rate and burn calories. I'll try filming mine when I go gym tommorow.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      Do some intense home ab workouts - they raise your heart rate and burn calories. I'll try filming mine when I go gym tommorow.
      yeah, basically, i need to do everything i can, whilst not using my legs.

Might even do some boxing too.

Working the abs is a good idea, ive lost lots of weight, still got to lose a bit of fat, just under my belly button though, its hard to lose it there.

I need to eat smart too, basically, whilst training, cause i train hard, i can eat what i want, but now, when i get hungry on the night, its fruit beverages and pure water and flavoured tea all day.

Really fustrating not being able to train though.

Comment

yeah, basically, i need to do everything i can, whilst not using my legs.

Might even do some boxing too.

Working the abs is a good idea, ive lost lots of weight, still got to lose a bit of fat, just under my belly button though, its hard to lose it there.

I need to eat smart too, basically, whilst training, cause i train hard, i can eat what i want, but now, when i get hungry on the night, its fruit beverages and pure water and flavoured tea all day.

Really fustrating not being able to train though.
        Just stay patient . The strong are disciplined . And be positive - it will help your training. I saw your post in the recent red k thread in the lounge - positivety is better.

to lose The stomach fat - cut out grains and carbs which seems to be what you are doing but having just fruit and water and tea is not recommended.

I'm on way back from gym right now actually. Workout included a brutal ab workout. I'll do one tommorow and film it. You mentioned you train hard - I would be very impressed if you could repeat my ab routine.
        Last edited by jas; 05-26-2014, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Just stay patient . The strong are disciplined . And be positive - it will help your training. I saw your post in the recent red k thread in the lounge - positivety is better.

to lose The stomach fat - cut out grains and carbs which seems to be what you are doing but having just fruit and water and tea is not recommended.

I'm on way back from gym right now actually. Workout included a brutal ab workout. I'll do one tommorow and film it. You mentioned you train hard - I would be very impressed if you could repeat my ab routine.
          im pissed off doe.

I want to train. When i dont train, i feel lazy. and i get pissed off.

ive been reading articles online, basically, i got tendonistis.

Tendonistis is shin splints, or the other way round, i dont no,

They said rest makes me worse, i have to keep it active, make it stronger, give it massages, put hot and cold compresses on it, at the moment, i got a hot water bottle around my leg, with an elastic band, im about to go change it for my ice pack.

Two area's i have to do this, just off my right shin to the left, and on my achilles heel.

Massaging it is painful, but seemed to work, during sleep, thats when the body really heals, so by saturday, im hoping im okay, i just got to make sure i do this daily when i get the time.

and with what i said in the red k thread.

i can be a ***** like e'rybody else up in her' lol
          Last edited by zapdos; 05-26-2014, 11:13 AM.

Comment

im pissed off doe.

I want to train. When i dont train, i feel lazy. and i get pissed off.

ive been reading articles online, basically, i got tendonistis.

Tendonistis is shin splints, or the other way round, i dont no,

They said rest makes me worse, i have to keep it active, make it stronger, give it massages, put hot and cold compresses on it, at the moment, i got a hot water bottle around my leg, with an elastic band, im about to go change it for my ice pack.

Two area's i have to do this, just off my right shin to the left, and on my achilles heel.

Massaging it is painful, but seemed to work, during sleep, thats when the body really heals, so by saturday, im hoping im okay, i just got to make sure i do this daily when i get the time.

and with what i said in the red k thread.

i can be a ***** like e'rybody else up in her' lol
            Rest is important .

Never massage a bone.

Comment

Rest is important .

Never massage a bone.
              i did about 6 weeks of hardcore training, and before i decided to stop and rest for a week, let **** heal, cause i was hurting, but i was able to train.

I got injured before i could stop. Hammy. Overtraining injury.

I wish i just would of rest, i was out for 2 months, it could of been 2 weeks if i just listened to myself, instead of him, im a complete newb to the sport, i was listening to him like its gospel, i realise, i have to listen to my body. if i need a rest to let things heal, im just going to do it.

If i did that in the first place, i would not right now have tendonitis.

he wanted me to train and train and it backfired big time, made crap worse.

ive totally learnt from my mistake. never again, i just need to get rid of it asap now.

i massage the muscle just off your shin.

So lets say your right leg, to the left of your shin bone, cant be arsed to talk all technical.

to the left, theres a muscle. this is the first time ever ive hurt this muscle.

These are my problemooo's.

Comment

Rest is important .

Never massage a bone.
                And when i say flavoured tea. its like

Mint tea, Green Tea, Fruit Tea, Lemon Tea.

caffeine free, 2 cals per cup, so next to nothing, i add no sugar. i drink that and water all day.

i recommend, apparently it has a few health benefits.

Comment

Rest is important .

Never massage a bone.

Just out of curiousity, why never massage a bone? I massage my shins all the time lol.

Comment

I've had your problems, cleared them all up permanently with Thai massage once a week and a day on day off split for any running exercise. If you can't find a legit Thai therapist, get a smooth stick or rolling pin and spend ten minutes before bed dragging that over your injured muscle to break up knots and promote healing. Another option is using a foam roller or lacrosse ball. Get active with your treatment.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

why are you picking up niggles?? leave them alone! (whatever that is)

Comment

Working...
                      X