My fight where i blew out my knee... got my butt kicked but kept fighting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fight where i blew out my knee... got my butt kicked but kept fighting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGProNAPzY0

Heres my fight from this weekend, I injured my knee badly in beginning of round 2 and couldnt really do anything after that point but I hung in there anyways... i didnt want to quit.

Personally I think I would have beat him if i didnt **** my knee. Round 1 was close but I think I pulled it out, and I wasnt even settled down into my game plan quite yet. My Gameplan was pressure and get on inside and make it rough, and hit him with a 1-2, step to right, then back to left. But I couldn't do that when my knee got ****ed. I hurt my knee at 4:06 which was right at the beginning of the second.

I could have quit because at that point in my head I knew I lost, but I figured I better finish the fight. Only thing is, I kept fighting but in my head I gave up, I wish I would have still tried to win somehow on a gimped out knee. And by the way my knee is ****ed hard now, mass pain, mass swelling and huge limp.

i dont regret fighting on... i had to do it and couldnt give the guy the TKO. But i do regret mentally taking myself out of the fight the second i hurt my knee. At that point i told myself i had already lost and i didnt even thnik about trying to win... i just wanted to ensure that i didnt blow my knee out completely where i'd actually fall to the ground

Comment

You took a pretty good beatdown to boot that round. Its easy for me to say I'd have quit because not getting paid and never got hurt in a fight... But once that pride kicks in its hard to say if I'd quit too.

Props for not only competing in your sport but fighting through adversity even in defeat. At the end of the day for us non Floyd mayweathers, not much can challenge us in our daily lives like a little sport. You should be proud of just being commited to training and stepping in vs a dude who likely does the same

Comment

lol the atmosphere there seems to be alot more intense then i expected for your average amature bout. i had always pictured most amature fights in your gym with just a couple people there and your trainer. anyways, OP how far along are you as an amature? how many fights? you look good man, keep working hard.

Comment

This looked more like a pro style scrap. both you guys have a professional style not good for Amateurs, both brawler and pressure fighters not point boxers who hit and move.

Man that guy really wanted to take your head off, he was throwing everything at you with bad intentions. You are tough to not quit the ref could have easily stopped it a few times too.

You should actually turn pro instead just get a good trainer who can teach well, if you are going to take this type of punishment in an Am bout might as well turn pro and get paid or it.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
            lol the atmosphere there seems to be alot more intense then i expected for your average amature bout. i had always pictured most amature fights in your gym with just a couple people there and your trainer. anyways, OP how far along are you as an amature? how many fights? you look good man, keep working hard.
            usually amateur bouts have about 200 people watching, then there are occasionally big shows, in this one, you couldnt see all of the crowd but i'd estimate between 300-400 people.

That was my tenth fight, unfortunately now with my knee re injured again who knows when ill be back.... maybe its time to pack it in, or get surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              This looked more like a pro style scrap. both you guys have a professional style not good for Amateurs, both brawler and pressure fighters not point boxers who hit and move.

Man that guy really wanted to take your head off, he was throwing everything at you with bad intentions. You are tough to not quit the ref could have easily stopped it a few times too.

You should actually turn pro instead just get a good trainer who can teach well, if you are going to take this type of punishment in an Am bout might as well turn pro and get paid or it.
              i know man, this guy doesnt have a huge amount of power, but you could tell he was sitting on all of his punches, and i have never seen him fight like that before usually hes more technical. He really hates me along with his bitter ass gym. I quit their gym and went to mine and since then all they do is bad mouth me and are bitter to me at every show. But you know what the dude tried KOing me, i only had one leg and he still couldnt so haha to them, they prob think they are so bad ass beating me down, even though it was like beating up a handicapped person from the second round on.

Comment

Damn bud, got pretty rough in there at times. Oh well, it happens!

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
                  i know man, this guy doesnt have a huge amount of power, but you could tell he was sitting on all of his punches, and i have never seen him fight like that before usually hes more technical. He really hates me along with his bitter ass gym. I quit their gym and went to mine and since then all they do is bad mouth me and are bitter to me at every show. But you know what the dude tried KOing me, i only had one leg and he still couldnt so haha to them, they prob think they are so bad ass beating me down, even though it was like beating up a handicapped person from the second round on.
                  It makes sense that he had really bad intentions going in there, this dude was fighting like a mad man he was fighting you like it was personal not a typical ammy scrap dude really wanted to hurt you bad. in terms of power? maybe you just have a good chin? Margarito said fighters who hit him had no power yet we know they did, maybe you just have an iron chin and can take a shot cause that guy looked like he was loading up hard too.

You should turn pro man get paid like 2 grand a fight and maybe you can get enough wins to get on ESPN and give an exciting fight and make a fanbase like micky ward? You seem like you would be a good body puncher like a joe frazier type just get int the chest and dig to the body over and over and not let the guy breath.

Comment

You had a couple opportunities to give him the Badou Special.

When a taller guy jumps in that much with a jab, he is asking for this counter. As a shorter fighter, perfect this counter. Great effort though.

Comment

Working...
                    X