No announcement yet.

My fight where i blew out my knee... got my butt kicked but kept fighting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st round was a close one...

yeah its clear something deflated you in round two.. I think that kids reach made you contort a bit too much around to avoid his shots. You can work on more subtle movements on defense so you arent always throwing your weight all over that knee.

I admire your spirit...

final note..you was fighting Thor wasnt u? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
      usually amateur bouts have about 200 people watching, then there are occasionally big shows, in this one, you couldnt see all of the crowd but i'd estimate between 300-400 people.

That was my tenth fight, unfortunately now with my knee re injured again who knows when ill be back.... maybe its time to pack it in, or get surgery.
      simple to me, if u want to fight get surgery heal up... im sure only you can know if you want to quit. not your trainer or anyone else. just make sure you have it all together in ur next fight.

also just curious lol, this may sound silly but do you have to cut to make weight? and is there like a weigh in day before like the pros? i always wondered. i kind of want to box too, but a few years back i got in an accident and knocked one of my teeth out. now i have an implant and i always afraid that if i got punched in the right place it would knock it out.

Comment

Why would you risk a limb over an amateur bout? Your cornermen should have stopped the fight especially since it happened in the opening round, no shame in losing from a freak injury.

Comment

How tall are you? You look to small to be fighting at Welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            It makes sense that he had really bad intentions going in there, this dude was fighting like a mad man he was fighting you like it was personal not a typical ammy scrap dude really wanted to hurt you bad. in terms of power? maybe you just have a good chin? Margarito said fighters who hit him had no power yet we know they did, maybe you just have an iron chin and can take a shot cause that guy looked like he was loading up hard too.

You should turn pro man get paid like 2 grand a fight and maybe you can get enough wins to get on ESPN and give an exciting fight and make a fanbase like micky ward? You seem like you would be a good body puncher like a joe frazier type just get int the chest and dig to the body over and over and not let the guy breath.
            i am known for a good chin that is true... but before i do anything else i gotta either get knee surgery or do hard rehab

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
              simple to me, if u want to fight get surgery heal up... im sure only you can know if you want to quit. not your trainer or anyone else. just make sure you have it all together in ur next fight.

also just curious lol, this may sound silly but do you have to cut to make weight? and is there like a weigh in day before like the pros? i always wondered. i kind of want to box too, but a few years back i got in an accident and knocked one of my teeth out. now i have an implant and i always afraid that if i got punched in the right place it would knock it out.
              weigh in the day of, usually the morning but since it was a friday we had to weigh in at 5 pm and fights started at 8. I dont cut weight but i just trim down a couple weeks before the fight. I usually go from about 160 to 152 lbs.

Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
              How tall are you? You look to small to be fighting at Welterweight.
              im 5'8"

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
                weigh in the day of, usually the morning but since it was a friday we had to weigh in at 5 pm and fights started at 8. I dont cut weight but i just trim down a couple weeks before the fight. I usually go from about 160 to 152 lbs.

im 5'8"
                Ah, you're a pretty good size Welter then. Maybe moving down a division would put less strain on your knee. Nice body work in the fight though. I didn't see you throw any uppercuts or left hooks. I think those would have been good weapons against that guy. Respect for toughing it out with the injury.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
                  You had a couple opportunities to give him the Badou Special.

When a taller guy jumps in that much with a jab, he is asking for this counter. As a shorter fighter, perfect this counter. Great effort though.

Edwards team did their homework, shot was there since the opening bell.

Comment

Much respect man...most people won't even step foot in a boxing gym...I boxed for a few years and I still remember how intimidating it was...specially the first time I sparred!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
                      Ah, you're a pretty good size Welter then. Maybe moving down a division would put less strain on your knee. Nice body work in the fight though. I didn't see you throw any uppercuts or left hooks. I think those would have been good weapons against that guy. Respect for toughing it out with the injury.

i wanted to do the left hook but in the first round i had to settle in cause it was pretty high paced then in second and third there was no point since i coulndt put any power behind turning my left leg. I only recently started using the uppercut in sparring and training, i was hoping to use it in this fight but i dunno im still new to using it and i guess it just didnt come out

Comment

Working...
                      X