This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a.rihn View Post
    Never fun but that's what you've gotta do sometimes. Sounds like you're doing it right.

I had to skip a planned leg day because mine were still a little sore from the previous (sore on Saturday after working them out heavy on Wednesday). Threw off my schedule but I adjusted and got still got a good workout in.
    yeah, its just how it goes. I always caution on safety first cause you get injured you could be out for long while.

Comment

• I'm changing up my lifting routine, swapping out some exercises for others in order to work the muscles differently. For instance, adding in reverse barbell curls for my forearms and rack pulls for back and traps.

So I'm asking for advice - what are some slightly unusual or lesser known exercises that you've had success with? How do you switch up your lifts?

Comment

I'm changing up my lifting routine, swapping out some exercises for others in order to work the muscles differently. For instance, adding in reverse barbell curls for my forearms and rack pulls for back and traps.

So I'm asking for advice - what are some slightly unusual or lesser known exercises that you've had success with? How do you switch up your lifts?
        what muscle groups are you looking for?

Comment

• Without trying to sound too vague, any groups really. I lift several days a week, so I try to hit everything regularly. But in particular, Ive never had much luck growing my, side delts and biceps.

Comment

Without trying to sound too vague, any groups really. I lift several days a week, so I try to hit everything regularly. But in particular, Ive never had much luck growing my, side delts and biceps.
            IF you go to youtube and look up AthleanX he constantly puts out alternative workouts and exercises for basic lifts. His video titles are kinda cringey but he knows his stuff.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm familiar with Jeff's videos. Like 'em a lot. I also enjoy John Meadows' videos - his Youtube handle is MountainDog1. He's a pro bodybuilder, which gives him a different perspective than most, but he keeps his videos pretty accessible.

Comment

• AAAHHHHHH I'M RESTED AND MOTIVATED GOING TO KILL IT IN THE GYM TO-

Whelp it was a good run lads

Comment

• Yep, my gym had to close Monday as well. I have some light weights at home I can make do with. On the positive side, this gives me good reason to get better on my cardio.

Comment

• All gyms are closed now, my motivation to train at home is usually 0%...

Comment

• Rainy weather has been keeping me from running outside too much. My little weight set, all told, adds up to about 155 lbs, so I'm lifting higher reps and telling myself I'm "laying a base" so that when the gym does re-open, I can really jump on the heavy weights.

Motivation for a home gym can be tough - hope people are hanging in! Any tips or tricks you recommend?

Comment

Working...
                      X