This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    *Krusty the Clown Groan. Thats over 500lbs. I'll shoot for it. I think I'll be at 900lbs on leg press by summer. Maybe the two endeavors will compliment each other.
    You should be able to, if I can do 355 for reps I should be able to get about 370-380 at least once weighing in the mid 180s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      I can put 340lbs up on shoulder press twice. I'm not gonna push it any farther. My joints hurt afterwards more than the muscles. I got my leg press up to 720lbs for 3 reps. I'm new to squats. I'm only up to 225lbs on it but it kills. My benchpress is still at 335lbs for 2 reps. I can do 3 pull ups now. For me thats a big deal, have a bad right hand injury.
      You can shoulder press more than you can bench?

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        You can shoulder press more than you can bench?
        Yeah, about a year ago I only ever did a max of 135 on shoulder press. Then I was in Burbank visiting the inlaws, and went to a local neighborhood gym. They had a cool old school shoulder press machine. The welding on it was sloppy and aged. Anyways, I got it up to 250ish and I was repping it for 5. The last year I've been working on it weekly. Now I can do 340lbs for a max of 2 reps. My joints hurt afterwards though. I think its my bodies max.

Comment

• Just cannot seem to complete a standing 7' barbell curl with 165lbs, I can do 155lbs though I don't have 2.5 Olympic plates so can't do 160lbs reps.

Comment

• Finished my Workout A light/high rep, its kind of a routine I incorporate to retain muscular endurance not really make gains so much and its hard to get out of that mentality centered around wanting to lift heavier.

Its the equivalent in my mind to world class fighters taking on local club fighters to stay busy in between fights.

Comment

• Is 31 a ridiculous age to have a first amateur fight ? I've been training for a about 4 years for fitness.

I'd need 6 months to get in shape.

I'm a pretty big super heavy weight at 195 cm.

I went to a couple of amateur meet ups to watch some of the guys at the gym fight and my reaction was "these are all kids what are you even thinking if you win and beat up some 19 year old you're going to look like a massive wanker".

To be honest I really just want to test myself and see if I can survive.

Comment

• New personal best for shoulder press. 360 lbs for 1 complete rep, and failure on the second.

Comment

• Self Motivation

I like watching motivational gym videos but I'm like, why not make my own.

I figure, since I'm in the gym one hour or even two hours a day, I might as well get as much of it as you can.

Fellas, I'm not here to promote my videos, but I think it applies to this thread.

My sets, reps, and numbers are in the Clangin and Bangin Videos.

Comment

• I changed up my lifting like last month to a 5/3/1 program kinda using this as a guideline for it: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=155460263

For anyone that hasn't done it yet, or is kind of floundering between routines I really suggest doing a 5/3/1 based routine. Feels great, quick, and is pretty enjoyable

Comment

• I joined the 300 club on the bench since i was gone....made me feel like superman for a split second

Comment

Working...
                      X