This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Boxingscene survey: how many times a week are you guys working out and for how long?

Me: I try to work out 2-3 times a week; workouts can range from 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. Ideally, I'd like to work out 3-4 times a week.

Also, how do you guys manage work/life schedules with exercise times?

Seems like there's just not enough hours in the day for me to work, play, do errands, exercise and do the other million things in between
    I take my son to school every morning, then I go to the gym after. I always go 5 days a week, on my new routine I'm doing 6, because I'm hitting legs 2 days per week.

I am usually done in an hour, you can damn near set your watch to it. I take a shower at the gym and then start my day.

It was a lot easier the last couple of years because I owned a seasonal business. But I found a good paying job that matches my degree, so I'm giving that a shot. I have to adjust my time sometimes, but I definitely prefer going in the mornings. It sets the tone for my entire day.

It's basically a known fact in my family that I'm going to the gym, lol. I don't really have to schedule around it, because we pretty much schedule other stuff around the fact that.....I'm going, no matter what.

Comment

• killed chest and back yesterday,sore as hell...doing legs when i get off today...starting my 90 day cut going to get down to 195 by March

Comment

• Thanks for the info.

I'm trying to establish a routine that accommodates work and my personal life. I'm sitting on my arse all day doing accounting so I need the workouts to stay healthy. When I'm in a good routine my energy levels are up, back pain is at a minimum and my sleep is sounder.

Comment

Boxingscene survey: how many times a week are you guys working out and for how long?

Me: I try to work out 2-3 times a week; workouts can range from 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. Ideally, I'd like to work out 3-4 times a week.

Seems like there's just not enough hours in the day for me to work, play, do errands, exercise and do the other million things in between
          4 times a week..i go right after work for an hour to and hour and a half,go home and get kids from school, rinse and repeat

Comment

4 times on weekdays, 1 weekend.

On weekdays I go at lunch, I leave the office changed for gym at about 11.30 come back 12.45, walk to the gym is less then 5 minutes but I work out about 50min. My work is 8-4.

On the weekend I usually go for 1.5hrs.

I am immensely lucky that I can take a longer lunch and just go through the underground across the street to the gym. I've been going to the gym for a solid 5 years and before I switched gyms it was rough, I would still go 4 times a week sometimes 5. But that would leave me coming home at 6.30-7 on a weekday and that could be rough, all I had time for is eat a meal, watch an hour long episode of something and go to sleep.

Now I am home at 4.30 after days work and I got almost an hour in at the gym. I find the key with under an hour workouts is not to waist any time and putting the phone away. That way I can still get a good 6-7 exercises in.

In the years past when I was in Uni I did a lot of contract and part time work and did most of it from home so I usually went in between classes or work. It was a mess though as I was all over the place.

Now that I have a set routine for the last 6 months the body is recovering much better.
            Last edited by Banderivets; 12-11-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• To clarify, my military press is actually a sitting free weight shoulder press. Im sorry for using the wrong vernacular. I put up 320lbs for 1 solid rep and 1 failed after that, today.

Comment

• Been mixing all of my lifts powerlifts and isolation stuff with a lighter high rep for 2 sets 10-15 and the other 2-3 low reps like 1-5. Over the summer I tried to do everything low rep only got stronger but that bodybuilder look faltered a bit. I can conclude that the low rep wasn't breaking down enough muscle fibers for repair and improvement.

Comment

• I think I figured out what the issues with my deadlift was, I train at home and the wooden floor boards give too much lowering the bar to less than 8 inches off the the ground. In PL competitions the bar is supposed to about about 9 inches off of the ground. I put a 25lb disk under the weights on the floor raising it to 9 inches just level with the middle of my shin and was able to get 345lbs up easy probably could have pulled 365 for sure.

Comment

• 10 pounds to go, aiming for a 32inch waist.

Last two days have been dreadful lol, alcohol, chocolate, christmas dinner, chit ton of calories.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh411Gg8DRg

this motivates me for the gym

Comment

Working...
                      X