X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't sell yourself short Reed that is a great lift

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html

Do you deadlift or squat at all or you still been having lower back problems?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        Don't sell yourself short Reed that is a great lift

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html

Do you deadlift or squat at all or you still been having lower back problems?
        I wasnt.... I was posting about my progress... essentially got called a liar... told to post the proof.. and so I did. (last page)

I dont deadlift, but I tried it a week ago.. 245lbs for like 5-6. My buddy was doing it and I jumped on just to see how it felt... felt good. I might start.

I do squat... but light for reps... nothing Im trying to go heavy on.

Comment

LOL. Fucking ownage all over your face, kids.

BTW. 175lbs. 240 1RM. Kiss my ass, Reed.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo
            If you are benching what you are benching without squatting or deadlifting you are doing fantastic. If you put your mind to squatting and deadlifting your benching is going to go right up. My friend the personal trainer watched your videos,he says if you want put on mass get your negitives much slower and more controlled and squeeze them out,you won't be able to do as much but your body will show the gains. He said the body grows as a unit and if the upper body out grows the legs it will slow down gains wise until the legs catch up. Squats and deadlifts are the 2 key compound movements which build the whole body,your legs will get bigger and in turn you will see bigger gains out of your benching. My guess is if you do a lot of squatting and deadlifting 400 Lbs is a realistic possibility for you when benching. He says don't squat or and deadlift in the same week. Deadlift for a month then switch to squats. get your technique right first as with your strength if it suspect you could hurt your back.
            The broscience is strong in this post

Comment

You haven't disproven anything. I very specifically said that while the your lifts, while being elite and admittedly very impressive, were not impossible. It wasn't the lift I doubted. I doubted your ability to gain a pretty massive amount of strength over a limited period of time while dieting, doing lots of cardio and running up caloric deficits. While you claim that you haven't been doing what you said you were doing in the beginning, you are still claiming to be running at a caloric deficit 5 out 7 days a week, doing intense boxing conditioning work, and not really watching your diet on the weekends. From the looks of you in the video, you don't appear to be running up caloric deficits to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                Good video. Fully agree with the central point. So many people think it's all about inspiration or extreme dedication. It's something the movies encourage people to think. It has little to do with either.

Routine and habit, that's where everything good comes from. Success and failure is about good habits and bad habits. Even discipline is just a small part of it. You need discipline to stick to a routine long enough for it to become a habit. And once something is a habit it becomes harder not to do it. And that includes training hard.

Saddens me to see people looking for something to 'inspire' them to train or to start working out. Inspiration has so little to do with it. All they need to know is that routines lead to habits. And once you've got the habit of doing something, all those nagging thoughts trying to stop you hitting the gym, they become nagging thoughts asking you why you're not there now. It's so simple really, and it's a hell of a lot easier than looking for inspiration every time you need to work.

Comment

Dr Rumak I agree with you 100%. For me it is essential that you develop the habit of working hard when at the gym and to do that you need a clear plan of what you are going to do and trying to achieve before you turn up.Not turn up and make your mind up. You can work long or hard but not both at the same time and need to get into the habit of working hard but if you do that you will be done in the gym in an hour if you are doing weights.if you stick to this you won't have motivational problems.Have a plan,stick to it,do the work and get out.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    Feeling Tired? Lazy? Unmotivated?

Feeling Strong? BEASTLY? Powerful?

Post here..... Either get motivated or motivate others.... What are you going to work out today? How hard? You burning fat? Building muscle? Increasing Stamina or agility?

Trying to reach a new distance goal through running or lift a heavier weight for the first time?

Post it.

Hard work. Dedication.

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    Alrightttt had quite a good week so far.... trying to lose lbs as always... Mon-Thurs.

My BMR is about 1,800

So Monday:

BMR: 1,800
                    Workout Burned: 823 Calories

Ate 1,150 Calories.
                    ----------------------------------

-1,473 Calories for Monday

Tuesday

Workout Burned: 1,188

Ate: 1,400 Calories
                    ------------------------

-1588 Calories for Tuesday

Wednesday

Calories Burned: 750

Ate:1,800 Calories
                    -----------------------

-750 Calories for Wednesday

Thursday

BMR: 1800
                    Calories Burned: 750

Ate: 1,900 Calories

---------------------------
                    -650 Calories for Thursday

Monday - Thursday Calories is -4,461 Calories

Monday Morning I was 196lbs This AM I was 191.5.

Which means I had about 3.2lbs of food/water weight and 1.3lbs of fat lost in 4 days.

Im sore as ****.

Comment

• Did 5 sets of 15 reps on 225lbs on bench press. My curl pyramid is topping out at 5 reps with 50lbs dumb bells.

Comment

Working...
                      X