Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fish oil(Omega 3 fatty acids) capsules, do you take them?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Try Krill oil, more expensive than fish oil pill but heavily, heavily concentrated. My mom took them for a month and a half and when she went back to the doctor's office they were blown away. They asked her what she had been doing and eating and she didn't have a clue why they were so interested and they told her that her cholesterol had levels had dropped by 35% in a little over a month. It's awesome for joint pain and arthritis as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krill_oil

A study conducted by McGill University compared the effects of fish oil and krill oil on cholesterol. Daily doses of 1-3g of krill oil are significantly more effective in the treatment of hyperlipidemia than the same daily dose of fish oil.[7]

Considering the much higher price for krill oil, the potentially small increase in bioavailability may not be worth it. Until data exists comparing fish oil to krill oil on intermediate markers of risk and actual disease endpoints it will be difficult to say one is better than the other.[8]

A double blind study conducted in Canada tested the effects of Neptune Krill Oil (NKO) on chronic inflammation arthritic symptoms. The results showed that a treatment of 300 mg daily of NKO for between 7 and 14 days significantly reduces arthritic symptoms and prevents inflammation.[9]

He actually recommended this too & claimed it was free of mercury/metals etc which seems to be used in cheaper/less quality fish oils.
    Guys a total bodybuilding/nutrition nut and like a walking encyclopedia.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      He actually recommended this too & claimed it was free of mercury/metals etc which seems to be used in cheaper/less quality fish oils.
      Guys a total bodybuilding/nutrition nut and like a walking encyclopedia.
      Nice....well I can attest to how well it works. It is pretty expensive though, like $25.00-$30.00 a bottle compared to $8.00-$15.00 for fish oil

Comment

Supplement wise, I take ONLY

Protein Shake + Multi Vitamin (less now because I eat and enjoy fruit) + Fish oil, used to take fat burners but I don't bother anymore.

I only take protein shake on my workout days also.

That said, I need to buy new fish oils, have not had them in a while.

Comment

My daily supplements:

Morning
          1 Synedrex pill (upon awakening)

Along with light breakfast
          1 Teaspoon of L-carnitine
          1 Krill Oil capsule
          1 CLA capsule

Noon/Lunch
          1 Krill Oil capsule
          1 CLA capsule
          1 B-complex pill

Before & After the gym
          3 BCAA pills
          Protein shake (1 cup)

Before going to bed
          1 zinc pill
          1 Krill Oil capsule
          1 CLA capsule

Comment

Comment

'Red Krill' oil is very good. It's concentrated from shrimp in the arctic oceans. Expensive but very good. In Europe 30 capsules cost an equivalent of circa 35 us dollars (one month's consumption).

In general, if you don't eat seafood regularly, it's a good idea to take fish oil. It's a nice supplement with many benefits.

Comment

JMM was obviously on fish oil for the 4th Pac fight.

When he fought Floyd he never used at all and for the third pac fight he did about a half a fish oil cycle but the 4th fight he did an entire cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  JMM was obviously on fish oil for the 4th Pac fight.

When he fought Floyd he never used at all and for the third pac fight he did about a half a fish oil cycle but the 4th fight he did an entire cycle.
                  ^^^^

Comment

Right on guys. Thanks for the responses I'll probably check out my GNC and see what's good with the krill oil if it's not too steep for me in price.

Comment

I take them everyday 3 times a day.

Comment

Working...
                      X