Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone sparred a pro boxer as an amateur?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no but I sparred two boxers who would later become world champions after they turned pro. doesn't really count because they were amateurs and I had more experience than them at the time we sparred.

Comment

I recently watched a 42y/o former amateur probably middlewight, spar with an undefeated, nationally ranked professional cruiserweight prospect.
      Boxing lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
        Not in the literal sense, I'm referring to the boxers nickname.
        Ok, bluntly put;

Anthony Dirrell?

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
          I recently watched a 42y/o former amateur probably middlewight, spar with an undefeated, nationally ranked professional cruiserweight prospect.
          Boxing lesson.
          Deantay Wilder spars against old shot middleweights as well as fighting them in the pro game!?

Edit: thought you said heavyweight not cruiserweight. Joke ruined
          Last edited by Alonzo Harris; 11-13-2012, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I sparred a pro who had won the golden gloves novice and open a couple times. when we sparred i got ****y and dropped my hands and he hit me with 1 2's and i would jab and move . he was like 10-9 as a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              Ok, bluntly put;

Anthony Dirrell?
              Hahaha no! Bluntly put it was Harry Joe Yorgey. Guy was a monster back then.

Comment

I sparred a dude that's a pro. Not a very good pro, but even the bad pros are tough. He was so hard to hit it was fun though. He fought Mayweather too so it was interesting.

Comment

I've sparred two active pros 1 that's a journeyman at 3-5 and the other is ranked top 10 in the uk the journeyman was ok and i felt I gave as good as I got , the better guy was class he was constantly on me and knew what I was going to throw before I did

Comment

I sparred Micheal Carbaja (of course he was going light on me i was like 16 17 at the time) and right after Micheal got into a fist fight with his brother and fucked em up. LOL

Comment

Never sparred an active pro thank god.Steve collins put me in the ring with him when i was 14 my dad was sparring with him in tommy donnellys gym in dublin he gave me a few tips also a few jabs to my forehead,iv moved around with some national champions who later had unsuccessful pro careers,last year in lanzarote i shared a ring with tony bellew just shadowboxing i was in awe of him his size power tecnique,it was funny i weight 145lbs im 5,11 hes like 175 i think 6ft plus while i was moving around with him he just looked so big and hard to hit and i couldnt believe i was 1year older than him i looked like a teen in there with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X