Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone sparred a pro boxer as an amateur?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did!

Two rounds

Fisrt round I was quite ok, but the guy was simply testing me by exposing himself. Of course, he was covered, but I looked more active.

In the second round he figured me out, so I was basically running, defending until I got sever body shot. Fight was over

Comment

No i havnt sparred a pro. When we use to spar as amatures and i had the great opportunity to train alongside national champs, we sparred with 12oz gloves all the time. It was no joke, was a bit sad that i got into boxing late compared to the other guys coz they where so ahead of me and had a lot to catch up. I personally wouldnt like sparring with 16oz too big and makes me feel like am hitting all over the place, harder to pin point target areas.

Comment

Yes, I did

I sparred with many top fighters back in NYC in the seventies. Most took it easy on me and I learned a lot. There were only one or two *******s who had to prove that a pro can beat an amateur. Avoid them. Don't be anyone's punching bag and if your trainer allows it....find a new trainer....one that cares about your brain cells.

Comment

Working...
        X