No announcement yet.

If you have money invest in a Vitamix or Blendtec blender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post

I hope he boils the chicken, there was a Jap bodybuilder who died from drinking raw chicken in a blender.

yeah when I used to be into bodybuilding it was hard to eat, I dont have much appetite anyway but I need to get six meals in since im an ectormorph and I just relied on 3 meals and two meal replacement shakes and put on size

Now I dont care about that im older and just care about health and well being and drinking a smoothie packed with veggies in the morning and fruits and a scoop of whey isolate gives me nutrition, protein and Fiber. Veggie and fruit smoothies are great to fight cholesterol too.
    I love a blue steak but I cook the heck out of chicken. I just saw an 86yr old Japanese bodybuilder compete. Looked great.
    Some people love to eat and don’t get bored with it. Bless them. I like the pain of the workout. I can handle the the suffering of a diet… but force feeding is the absolute worst for me and guys like you. Mentally it’s draining. Thinking about your constant next meal or even dreading it. I only look, feel, my best on an empty stomach. I mean all the chewing alone.
    I’m glad a protein shake curbs my appetite so I don’t want to stack on top of it. I’ve never done anything close to six meals a day. I’ve done three shakes a day for short periods but I just can’t keep it up. Plus you spend a lot of time on the toilet playing wordle. I am impressed with some of the submarine sized poops but I guess that’s all waste material so I shouldn’t be.
    But yes like I said, eating is hard but I can scull any blended shake, so Hazzah to that at least.
    If I don’t chew a meal well enough that’s when it feels like coming all back up. Digestion likes surface area to work on. Big chucks take forever to break down. I still screw up all the time.
    hectari hectari likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post

I love a blue steak but I cook the heck out of chicken. I just saw an 86yr old Japanese bodybuilder compete. Looked great.
      Some people love to eat and don’t get bored with it. Bless them. I like the pain of the workout. I can handle the the suffering of a diet… but force feeding is the absolute worst for me and guys like you. Mentally it’s draining. Thinking about your constant next meal or even dreading it. I only look, feel, my best on an empty stomach. I mean all the chewing alone.
      I’m glad a protein shake curbs my appetite so I don’t want to stack on top of it. I’ve never done anything close to six meals a day. I’ve done three shakes a day for short periods but I just can’t keep it up. Plus you spend a lot of time on the toilet playing wordle. I am impressed with some of the submarine sized poops but I guess that’s all waste material so I shouldn’t be.
      But yes like I said, eating is hard but I can scull any blended shake, so Hazzah to that at least.
      If I don’t chew a meal well enough that’s when it feels like coming all back up. Digestion likes surface area to work on. Big chucks take forever to break down. I still screw up all the time.
      yeah the eating is the hardest part for me, I hate it, I enjoy food but I dont enjoy FORCE feeding to keep size and muscle on, Thats why Shakes come in handy, I stopped drinking bodybuilding shakes because they were hard on my kidney same with creatine.

I really enjoy the vitamix, I just had a peanut butter, almond milk, chocolate ovaltine, frozen banana, and one scoop unflavored whey isolate smoothie delicious.

Comment

yeah the eating is the hardest part for me, I hate it, I enjoy food but I dont enjoy FORCE feeding to keep size and muscle on, Thats why Shakes come in handy, I stopped drinking bodybuilding shakes because they were hard on my kidney same with creatine.

I really enjoy the vitamix, I just had a peanut butter, almond milk, chocolate ovaltine, frozen banana, and one scoop unflavored whey isolate smoothie delicious.
        Ive noticed that the older I get, I get filled up on smaller portions of food.
        hectari hectari likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

Ive noticed that the older I get, I get filled up on smaller portions of food.
          Same, its because our digestive systems are overworked from overeating, you are actually suppose to do some fasting to rest the stomach and give it a rest, they been fasting since the early days from the greeks, romans, the religions etc.

Comment

Same, its because our digestive systems are overworked from overeating, you are actually suppose to do some fasting to rest the stomach and give it a rest, they been fasting since the early days from the greeks, romans, the religions etc.
            But if I miss breakfast, I eat lunch like a champ, like I'm back in my 20s

Comment

And look how that turned out, they are all dead.

seriously though, I'm more inclined to go with the idea that it's best to keep your blood sugar on an even keel. Don't overeat or consume a lot of high glycemic foods that will spike your blood sugar. Also, don't go long periods without eating and have your blood sugar ebb. Maybe it works for some people but I tend to become hypoglycemic so it's a road I try to stay off of.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

And look how that turned out, they are all dead.

seriously though, I'm more inclined to go with the idea that it's best to keep your blood sugar on an even keel. Don't overeat or consume a lot of high glycemic foods that will spike your blood sugar. Also, don't go long periods without eating and have your blood sugar ebb. Maybe it works for some people but I tend to become hypoglycemic so it's a road I try to stay off of.
                Of course they are all dead that was thousands of years ago, we all die nobody lives forever.

If you feel weak, tired or light headed from a fast you likely had a poor diet with high sugar foods since child hood or genetic issue. I had a poor diet and had same issue I tried the warrior diet 10 years ago and I felt weak and hungry I had to rush and eat a candy bar and the light headed feeling went away, but I slowly started changing my diet and now I eat like one meal or two a day and dont eat much sugar

My body fat is at 12 percent now, I used to be 20 percent body fat 5 years ago. Im lean and I do a full body calisthenics workout two a week and just jog and stay active whenver I can, moderate workout is the best nothing intense. when I was younger I was eating 6 meals 3 whole meals and 3 shakes and lifting weights to get jacked my body was loaded with carbs and sugar too. I stopped caring about being jacked and just want to feel good and healthy
                Last edited by hectari; 10-21-2022, 05:53 PM.

Comment

I just started creatine for the first time since maybe my early twenties? I think it used to give me stomach cramps. My brother said it gave him painful forearm pumps. He’s skeptical I’ll get anything from it, but he loves to give me a hard time. Heck he bought it for me. I’ve read nothing but good things from legit medical journals. Good for recovery. I’m on day two. I’m loading. I noticed I peed constantly the first day. So I might lower the dose and load slower. I’ll take just 5g a day on maintenance. I’ve got enough for a long time ( best value in bulk ) I will chime in with whatever things I notice. I drink a lot of water and am a light sleeper so I get up to pee plenty as it is. The hard part for me is remembering to take something every day. But once on a 5g maintenance scoop I’ll just ad it to the glass of water I have first thin every morning. It doesn’t taste bad or anything. A lot of companies sell it on capsule form now, so they can charge way more. 150 caps! on the label but read the back and it’s 1g of creatine per cap. They can write 75 servings! But that means nothing. A serving can be whatever they want it to be. It is what it.
                  Anyway I’ll see if I notice anything after a month or so, good or bad. The scoop it comes with does weigh out to exactly 5g at least. A good start. Sruff does tend to get everywhere like coa coa powder though.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post

I just started creatine for the first time since maybe my early twenties? I think it used to give me stomach cramps. My brother said it gave him painful forearm pumps. He’s skeptical I’ll get anything from it, but he loves to give me a hard time. Heck he bought it for me. I’ve read nothing but good things from legit medical journals. Good for recovery. I’m on day two. I’m loading. I noticed I peed constantly the first day. So I might lower the dose and load slower. I’ll take just 5g a day on maintenance. I’ve got enough for a long time ( best value in bulk ) I will chime in with whatever things I notice. I drink a lot of water and am a light sleeper so I get up to pee plenty as it is. The hard part for me is remembering to take something every day. But once on a 5g maintenance scoop I’ll just ad it to the glass of water I have first thin every morning. It doesn’t taste bad or anything. A lot of companies sell it on capsule form now, so they can charge way more. 150 caps! on the label but read the back and it’s 1g of creatine per cap. They can write 75 servings! But that means nothing. A serving can be whatever they want it to be. It is what it.
                    Anyway I’ll see if I notice anything after a month or so, good or bad. The scoop it comes with does weigh out to exactly 5g at least. A good start. Sruff does tend to get everywhere like coa coa powder though.
                    I took Creatine back in 1999 in high school lol, a few of my boys on the football team took it and combined it with Whey and they put on mass, and had the swole look going. If you are peeing a lot from it that is a kidney reaction, Its not really good for kidneys, some people their kidneys do not respond to it and it can cause issues. I think I was one of them so I stopped taking it years ago

also you dont need to do a loading phase anymore thats ancient history. you just need to take a dose a day

Comment

I took Creatine back in 1999 in high school lol, a few of my boys on the football team took it and combined it with Whey and they put on mass, and had the swole look going. If you are peeing a lot from it that is a kidney reaction, Its not really good for kidneys, some people their kidneys do not respond to it and it can cause issues. I think I was one of them so I stopped taking it years ago

also you dont need to do a loading phase anymore thats ancient history. you just need to take a dose a day
                      I’ve tried everything under the sun at one point. It’s funny coming back to something like creatine just for something to do. Everything is going up in price these days so I figured this will be the cheapest it will ever be. Yeah I took 20g the first day. I then switched to 10g a day for next couple days, but will now just take 5g. No point stressing.
                      I’ve always just taken a whey powder. I used to drink stuff that was as thick as paint back in the 90s. Now it blends so well and tastes pretty good, I just scull it anyway. Protein shakes tend to curb my appetite which is one of my favourite benefits from them.
                      All the rage seems to be pre workout powders? I’m not even sure what is in them. We used to sometimes take caffeine, ephedrine and aspirin way back when.I never liked caffeine or being wired.
                      I like working out and then chugging a shake, then I feel like I don’t have to worry about anything after that.
                      Anyway the Mr. Olympia is two months away and that always motivates me. Love to see people make improvements.

Comment

Working...
                      X