Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insanity/P90x

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to me from the commercials like they are just making you train hard, something that you can do on your own. Do people need the in front of you motivation?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMelvern View Post
      It seems to me from the commercials like they are just making you train hard, something that you can do on your own. Do people need the in front of you motivation?
      Nah... it's that 93% of the people out there know how to lift a weight, but that doesn't mean they know exactly which exercises to do, and what kind of intensity to train at.

I'd like to think this is self explanatory though... It's easy to go to the gym.. do a set, rest a few mins, do a set, rest a few mins.. look around for something else to do, which is what MOST people do at the gym.

P90x sets a great pace, and teaches circuit training to all of the casual exercisers or weight lifters.

Not everyone is a fitness nut... in fact just about everyone isn't.

Comment

A mate of mine has the P90X dvds and im thinking about giving it a try....

Im in pretty good nick, about 6ft and a muscular 196lbs, looking to get a bit more ripped while getting a bit bigger too PLUS im still doing boxing training though mainly for cardio now, alot of endurance training on a sunday too, training for a Tough Mudder comp,

Would P90X be for me? Or is it mainly just toning up?

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          A mate of mine has the P90X dvds and im thinking about giving it a try....

Im in pretty good nick, about 6ft and a muscular 196lbs, looking to get a bit more ripped while getting a bit bigger too PLUS im still doing boxing training though mainly for cardio now, alot of endurance training on a sunday too, training for a Tough Mudder comp,

Would P90X be for me? Or is it mainly just toning up?
          It's honestly a bit of everything... Weight lifting, every part... plyometrics, jump training, athletic movements, extreme yoga, flexability, kenpo, extreme cardio... and an ab ripper segment 3 times a week... it hits just about everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Prawn Cornelius View Post
            Anyone ever tried these programs? Regardless of whether you stuck with it or not, I'd like to know your thoughts. I recently picked up Insanity, but don't plan to start for a couple weeks. I'd like to try and prepare by getting a good nutritional diet going beforehand. Anyway, if you have anything to contribute it would be appreciated.
            I did the Insanity program about a year ago. I torrented it BTW. I was overall happy with my results. The first month was a b1tch cause I have never done anything like this and the second month, was like the b1tch's ugly sister. That will really kick your ass. The main thing is to stick to the diet and you will melt the fat off.

Comment

Finished insanity about two weeks ago. Lost about 15 pounds and got a six pack for the first time in a while. I was happy with the results, but it defintely sucks at times, especially month two. Now I do it as my cardio with weight lifting and it's still helping me improve.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                9:30-10:30am
                5 egg whites and 1 whole egg
                2 slices turkey bacon
                2 links chicken sausage
                1 slice whole wheat toast
                1/4 cup fat free feta
                1/2 cup veggies mixed with eggs

390 cals, 7g fat, 24g carb, 49g protein

1:30pm*
                2 scoop protein shake
                1 banana

280 calories, 40g protein

4:30pm*
                4oz grilled chicken
                1cup mixed veggies
                1 tblspn EVOO
                1/2 cup whole grain rice

400 calories, 19 g fat, 31g carbs, 27g protein

6pm
                1 lowfat cheesestick

70 cals, 8g protein

7-7:30 workout

9pm
                4 oz salmon
                1 cup mixed veggies
                1 cup fruit

223 calories, 7g fat, 17g carbs, 27g protein

11pm
                1 cup lowfat cottage cheese

180 cals, 24g protein, 3 g fat

Tweak or change here and there

bro is it ok to eat 5 whole eggs in a day?

Comment

Originally posted by ianntheman View Post
                  bro is it ok to eat 5 whole eggs in a day?
                  I wouldnt recommend it, high in fat and cholesterol... I stick to the egg whites.

Comment

I got extremely ripped abs from just the ab ripper X 3x a week.

Comment

I recently picked up Insanity, but don't plan to start for a couple weeks. I'd like to try and prepare by getting a good nutritional diet going beforehand.
                      Last edited by Florence95; 04-04-2012, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X