No announcement yet.

Do I eat enough calories?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I eat enough calories?

Im 15 years old 6"2 153 lbs and I workout 40 minutes in morning (running , rope skipping, sprints, pushups sit ups , planks and 90 minutes of class 4 days a week 2 of those days are sparring days. Friday 40 minutes workout morning and 60 min class. saturday and sunday. about an hour workout.

I started counting calories and came up about 1900-2200 a day.. my trainer said he was shocked and said i should go 3100-3400. Do you guys think he is correct or am i eating enough?

Eat a doughnut and your caloric needs will be met.

Comment

Eat more so your muscles can feed and grow and become stronger

Comment

All depends on your goals.

Comment

I have the same problem. I eat about 2200 a day, but I'm going for weight loss at this point. When I go for adding some lean muscle I'll probably bump it to 3000 or so. If you wanna get bigger you're not eating enough. You're about my size, I'm a little taller so our needs should be pretty close. Another 500 and you'll stay about where you are weight wise and get more chiseled.

Comment

As others have stated it all depends on your goals.

Having said that you are 15 years old, your body is growing and you are highly active. Based on that I would say that your trainer is most likely correct and that you need to up your intake.

Comment

Im looking to get strong

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyJunior View Post
                Im looking to get strong

lol, bro, eat a doughnut. 3000 calories in one doughnut. You're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyJunior View Post
                  Im looking to get strong
                  If you are looking to build muscle then you are not eating anywhere near enough calories at 2200.

Comment

Working...
                  X