Collapse
No announcement yet.

am i too old to start boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started at 25, and am doin well and not a single trainer has told me i'm too old 2b starting...matter fact i'm completely mature now and i aint worn out yet from the years and years of boxing..

Comment

No way are you too old to start up. I started when I was 14 and was pro at 21. Therefore, if you start up at 17 and work hard like I did you could be pro if you wanted by 24, if not earlier.

I fought out of the same gym as James Toney when we were amatuers and he didnt really get going until he was like 18 or 19. While he did have a bout or two at a younger age he didnt really get serious until later.

It really depends upon your heart, natural skills and determination. You can have anything that you want in this world, just about, if you are determined and true to the cause. I would most definately say Go for it, you'll probably have the time of your life.

Rockin'

Comment

I am also 17 and want to start . Could anyone give me some advice as to what to do to start training hard to make up for lost time

Comment

hey claygotshot were you from?? city???????

Comment

how much money can u make if u go pro.

Comment

quite alot

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull13
                I am also 17 and want to start . Could anyone give me some advice as to what to do to start training hard to make up for lost time
                find a a boxing gym in your area that's registered with usaboxing...but let me tell you if you do start boxing at first it's gonna be hell on your body

Comment

Originally posted by claygotshot
                  ive been seeing alot of boxing lately and boxing friends as much as possible and i would like to get serious with it and find a boxing club to get started. i turn 17 this month and im thinking that i might be to old to get started. anyone that has a say on this reply.
                  Nah 17 is still young. Guys like Ken Norton didn't start boxing until he was in his 20's. Age is just a number. FInd a gym and try it but be warned, Boxing is a lot harder than it looks on TV. It depends how serious you are into it, it you want to fight at amateur and pro later on if you have the talent, then be prepare to make sacrifices and go true HELL in training.

Comment

there is some pro I think it might have been demarcus corley, but I'm not sure he started when he has 16 and he weighed 240 pounds now hes like a light welterweight I think.

Comment

Originally posted by random guy
                      there is some pro I think it might have been demarcus corley, but I'm not sure he started when he has 16 and he weighed 240 pounds now hes like a light welterweight I think.
                      demarcus corley was competing in ametuer tournaments when he was 12

Comment

Working...
                      X