No announcement yet.

Advil and Tylenol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
    Just be a warrior. That's best advice I can give you. Sometimes I wake with horrible pains from the last night street fights. Sometimes I fight 6-7 people at once and I end up in bad shape but I win which is important. I refuse to go to hospitals or pills I like to stay natural and let the body heal alone or just take the pain like a warrior.
    i feel you, badness!

Comment

Originally posted by tim horton View Post
      now this helps as well, i take omega 3,6,9 and fish oil. eat lots of tuna, chicken and protein bars. maybe i will add a bit more to my diet.
      I used to eat chicken or occasionally beef daily for about a decade and had really bad aches and pains and took anti-inflammatory to manage it daily. Then one day I watched a documentary about a cancer clinic run by Dr. Charlotte Gerson who cures cancer with a vegetarian diet. Basically...she says all cancers are caused by animal protein. I'm the world's biggest skeptic but this doc really had me convinced so I decided to give it a try. Now I was a huge consumer of animal protein and didn't know if I could hack it...but decided I would do a 6 months trial and see. I didn't choose to become a pure vegetarian as I do eat fish and eggs...mostly egg whites. I was not expecting a resolve to my aches and pains at all as the doc made no mention of this...but within 2 weeks I noticed an improvement and with 6 weeks all aches and pains were completely gone to my surprise.

I started doing research on inflammation and animal protein and saw this was not unusual. Now I know I'm going to get a big debate about this from many people out there...but this is what I conclude...if indeed animal protein causes a rise in cancer cells...not enough to cause what is generally know as "cancer" ...but enough to cause your immune system to produce more white blood cells (the ones that your immune system use to fight disease and also cause clotting of the blood) you will have more aches and pains and fatigue. I should mention that we all produce cancer cells to one degree or another everyday. Your immune system is defeating cancer cells on a daily basis...but you will suffer more if you have higher levels of cancer cells to defeat...and you will feel better...be healthier and have more energy if you have fewer.

I have also seen documentaries on how chickens and cattle are fed today as opposed to a decade or 2 ago...and livestock are definitely not as healthy as the used to be. They cut holes into the gut of cattle and insert large plastic flanges into the gut so they can hand feed corn (something that cattle won't eat otherwise) directly into it's stomach because it is cheap and makes the animal grow faster. It has to live on antibiotics because it has a huge gaping hole in it's side and becomes antibiotic resistant by the time it's ready for slaughtering...and then you eat it. Chickens are also fed corn and engineered from corn lysine and live in very unhealthy conditions like sardines in a can and are ravaged with disease. Chickens to are flooded with antibiotics and in the doc I saw the person who feeds them had become antibiotic resistant just from working with them...a Purdue chicken farm if I remember correctly. I think the doc was called Food Inc. I can see why these animal could cause anyone health problems...but I'm not entirely sure organically fed and raised livestock are not culprits to compromised human health either. All I know is I feel better today (it's been 3 1/2 years now) than I have in a very long time...and I had shoulder pain/back pain/knee pain and assorted other pains that have all gone away.
      Last edited by jaded; 10-17-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        I used to eat chicken or occasionally beef daily for about a decade and had really bad aches and pains and took anti-inflammatory to manage it daily. Then one day I watched a documentary about a cancer clinic run by Dr. Charlotte Gerson who cures cancer with a veterinarian diet. Basically...she says all cancers are caused by animal protein. I'm the world's biggest skeptic but this doc really had me convinced so I decided to give it a try. Now I was a huge consumer of animal protein and didn't know if I could hack it...but decided I would do a 6 months trial and see. I didn't choose to become a pure vegetarian as I do eat fish and eggs...mostly egg whites. I was not expecting a resolve to my aches and pains at all as the doc made no mention of this...but within 2 weeks I noticed an improvement and with 6 weeks all aches and pains were completely gone to my surprise.

I started doing research on inflammation and animal protein and saw this was not unusual. Now I know I'm going to get a big debate about this from many people out there...but this is what I conclude...if indeed animal protein causes a rise in cancer cells...not enough to cause what is generally know as "cancer" ...but enough to cause your immune system to produce more white blood cells (the ones that your immune system use to fight disease and also cause clotting of the blood)...you will have more aches and pains. Your immune system may be defeating cancer cells on a daily basis...but you will suffer more than if you had not had to in the 1st place...and feel better.

I have also seen documentaries on how chickens and cattle are feed today as opposed to a decade or 2 ago...and they are definitely not as healthy as the used to be. They cut holes into the gut of cattle and insert large plastic flanges into the gut so they can hand feed corn (something that cattle won't eat otherwise) directly into it's stomach because it is cheap and makes the animal grow faster. It has to live on antibiotics because it has a huge gaping hole in it's side and becomes antibiotic resistant by the time it's ready for slaughtering...and then you eat it. Chickens are also feed corn and lysine and live in very unhealthy conditions like sardines in a can and are ravaged with disease. I can see why these animal could cause anyone health problems...but I'm not entirely sure organically feed and raised livestock are not culprits to compromised human health. All I know is I feel better today (it's been 3 1/2 years now) than I have in a very long time...and I had shoulder pain/back pain/knee pain and assorted other pains that have all gone away.

Wow! Ive been trying to turn vegetarian but just dont have the will power but now I have more reasons to do it thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          I used to eat chicken or occasionally beef daily for about a decade and had really bad aches and pains and took anti-inflammatory to manage it daily. Then one day I watched a documentary about a cancer clinic run by Dr. Charlotte Gerson who cures cancer with a vegetarian diet. Basically...she says all cancers are caused by animal protein. I'm the world's biggest skeptic but this doc really had me convinced so I decided to give it a try. Now I was a huge consumer of animal protein and didn't know if I could hack it...but decided I would do a 6 months trial and see. I didn't choose to become a pure vegetarian as I do eat fish and eggs...mostly egg whites. I was not expecting a resolve to my aches and pains at all as the doc made no mention of this...but within 2 weeks I noticed an improvement and with 6 weeks all aches and pains were completely gone to my surprise.

I started doing research on inflammation and animal protein and saw this was not unusual. Now I know I'm going to get a big debate about this from many people out there...but this is what I conclude...if indeed animal protein causes a rise in cancer cells...not enough to cause what is generally know as "cancer" ...but enough to cause your immune system to produce more white blood cells (the ones that your immune system use to fight disease and also cause clotting of the blood) and will have more aches and pains and fatigue. I should mention that we all produce cancer cells to one degree or another everyday. Your immune system is defeating cancer cells on a daily basis...but you will suffer more if you have higher levels of cancer cells to defeat...and you will feel better...be healthier and have more energy if you have fewer.

I have also seen documentaries on how chickens and cattle are fed today as opposed to a decade or 2 ago...and livestock are definitely not as healthy as the used to be. They cut holes into the gut of cattle and insert large plastic flanges into the gut so they can hand feed corn (something that cattle won't eat otherwise) directly into it's stomach because it is cheap and makes the animal grow faster. It has to live on antibiotics because it has a huge gaping hole in it's side and becomes antibiotic resistant by the time it's ready for slaughtering...and then you eat it. Chickens are also fed corn and engineered from corn lysine and live in very unhealthy conditions like sardines in a can and are ravaged with disease. Chickens to are flooded with antibiotics and in the doc I saw the person who feeds them had become antibiotic resistant just from working with them...a Purdue chicken farm if I remember correctly. I think the doc was called Food Inc. I can see why these animal could cause anyone health problems...but I'm not entirely sure organically fed and raised livestock are not culprits to compromised human health either. All I know is I feel better today (it's been 3 1/2 years now) than I have in a very long time...and I had shoulder pain/back pain/knee pain and assorted other pains that have all gone away.
          brilliant post, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by tim horton View Post
            brilliant post, thank you!
            thank you for saying so

Comment

its obvious you train too much. if you really want to train 5 days then think about the impact you inflict on yourself. also look more into supplements and diet that stimulate better muscle repair. if that doesnt help then train less, theres no need to train that much

Comment

Working...
              X