Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being 5'9?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

147-165 is the average weight class for your height.

Comment

see im 5'7 about 165 when not training but since i got excellent genetics i dont look different like in my avatar thats when i dont train for months.but i can go down to 147 or 140 or all the up to 160 cause of my size. so yeah it depends on size on what weight division u wanna go to

Comment

My army papers says Im 5'10 atm Im a little over 140 max I've been is abt 160 but then I did alot of free weights and min is abt 130-135 then I almost didn't train at all. Im happy at 140-145 though I wont meet anyone too tall for me to handle and my speed is good as for power it has alot to do with technique and speed/velocity as well so it's not too bad.

Comment

depneds on how you are built, tua is like 5.9.

im 6ft and 180 and i often feel short in the ring.

Comment

ye its about ur frame and if ur short for ur weigth divison, i suggest a style like Tua, Tyson or Toney

Comment

Im 6,1 and 154lbs, im not sure whether to try and bulk up and move up a class?

Comment

If you decide to bulk remember to read alot abt it, make sure you eat the right carbs at the right amount at the right times etc.

It will be kinda hard for anyone that never seen you fight to tell you what you need. IMO height advantage is a good thing but not at the expense of too much speed and power. Meaning being able to jab a opponent whilst he is completely out of range and being able to score a hook when he jabs is priceless (only been on the receiving end of this and never anyone in my weight class neither). Although if the opponent is able to completely destroy you when he goes under the jab makes it all kinda futile.

Comment

5'9??? I dunno, you should be at 140-147lbs.

I'm Pacman's height and I'm in his weight class.

Comment

hmm

MOST guys who are around 5'9'' fall above the 140 lbs weight-class. Harris is 5'9'' and is "tall" for 140. 5'9'' is prob average for a welterweight or jr middleweight.

For you and your muscles though you will never make those weights do don't kill yourself trying.

Comment

You should stick in a weight class where maintaining your weight isnt such a burden and you fit in with the average boxer. Heightwise.

Comment

Working...
                      X