Your not muhammad ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uselesspoop View Post
    @TheAuthority

thanks for your input! Honestly, i feel that it is more effective for me when i have my hands down at my chest level. I naturally like to move around and love to jab alot.

Being fancy is not important to me. I love the way Mike Tyson fights but i never try to follow his way because it just doesn't feel right.

I am more of a defensive counter puncher and i like pernell whitaker/floyd/muhammad ali.

thanks all and now i will try my best to follow my coach wishes and keep my hands up all time!
    Watch the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcmBD..._order&list=UL

Listen what the coach say from 2:10 onwards (in fact just watch the whole video - this coach really knows his stuff - and watch the rest too) regarding "playing" about with your front hand.

You may find this style effective and your coach may be happy for you to use this style too. You still have some protection but you also have a bit of freedom - a happy medium.

Ignoring your coach is likely to result in him ignoring you.

Hope this is of use mate.

Comment

lol that's what coaches do. My friend was stationed in korea and went to a boxing gym out there and he uses the shoulder roll. He used it at the gym to spar and the coach told him "that style... no good."

That's just what coaches do. Until you prove that you can efficiently use that style a.k.a win with it, then he will continue to harp on you about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Uselesspoop View Post
        @TheAuthority

thanks for your input! Honestly, i feel that it is more effective for me when i have my hands down at my chest level. I naturally like to move around and love to jab alot.

Being fancy is not important to me. I love the way Mike Tyson fights but i never try to follow his way because it just doesn't feel right.

I am more of a defensive counter puncher and i like pernell whitaker/floyd/muhammad ali.

thanks all and now i will try my best to follow my coach wishes and keep my hands up all time!
        everyone feels more comfortable with their hands down at first..just like many feel more comfortable as a southpaw with the strong hand forward..your not special in this sense, It's just because you aren't conditioned enough to keep your hands up right now.. Listen to your coach. Once you get in with someone good you will realize you can't get away with this and you'll have no fundamentals to fall back on.

Comment

Let me explain it in a way you can understand. It's the same reason you don't put a child on a bicycle without training wheels at first. If you do they will fall and seriously hurt themselves.

Floyd Mayweather, Ali, Roy Jones Jr, didn't just start boxing that way, they started the same way everyone else does, doing it the fundamental way.

LISTEN TO YOUR COACH, he understands this and is trying to teach you the fundamentals. I don't know who you are sparring but you come to my gym and fight with your hands down, your going to get KO'd unless you are Mayweather, Ali or Sergio Martinez.

It takes YEARS to develop the style those guys have.....YEARS.

Your going to get hurt in the long run and aren't learning anything with what you are doing and wasting your time and the time of your coach. If you have the athletic ability to pull that style off, then you will master it in the future, but for now you must learn to crawl before you can fly.

Comment

Working...
          X