Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am i Telegraphinh my punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah i've been boxing for a while, although i took a a 2 year break it was more like on and off. Alright it's clear i gotta get a real video of me seriously doing a workout. I'm gonna bring my camera to the gym tommorrow and then i'm gonna let you see.

My trainer barely pays any mind to me anymore probbaly because i kept leaving on and off for 2 years, i wouldn't take me seriously either and i gained weight.

so until he does i gotta work off what i know

Comment

Originally posted by Move View Post
      Yes you telegraph your punches, you are really in a gym?
      Maybe you new in Boxing?
      There's quite a bit that needs working on but one thing he doesn't do is telegraph his punches. There's no pull-back except a little when leading with a left hand shot other than a jab- and that is understandable, although not correct, because the bodyweight needs transferring across to the left side of the body before throwing the shot; that requires either some fairly complex footwork (if to be done properly) or as an easier option, upper body movement, moving the waist a little with it. Another option is almost jump in with the left hook but I wouldn't recommend that for someone not experienced in how to throw a technically correct hook in the first place.

One thing our man really needs to learn to do, and someone already mentioned this, is transfer his bodyweight through the punches, ie move the feet in time with the punches, nice and neat and firm, and push that power through the hips. If not, when he actually does throw more solid shots there probably will be some telegraphing because the power has to come from somewhere.
      It's a bit hard to teach in writing but (OP) if your trainer ain't helping you, and this relates to what I was saying before about a lot of trainers being **** (maybe the guy know his stuff and is just waiting for you to show some commitment, but right now he's not doing you any damn favours)- SO, ask one of the decent boxers in your gym, someone who seems clever and happy to talk to you, ask them how they do put weight into their shots- hopefully they'll be able to explain it to you, and probably your "coach" will give you a bit more respect for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Be_kind_rewind View Post
        nah i've been boxing for a while, although i took a a 2 year break it was more like on and off. Alright it's clear i gotta get a real video of me seriously doing a workout. I'm gonna bring my camera to the gym tommorrow and then i'm gonna let you see.

My trainer barely pays any mind to me anymore probbaly because i kept leaving on and off for 2 years, i wouldn't take me seriously either and i gained weight.

mate, i've had a lot of **** with coaches where i live now, they're useless. hopefully the guy you've got there is decent and will start helping you out soon but i've been in this situation before myself.
        i was lucky because i lived in cuba for a year and was boxing 5-6 days a week, my coach was wicked and he mentored me throughout that time to become a coach myself, we did hundreds of hours of theory plus all the practical stuff.
        he did it all purely because he thought i'd be a good coach myself and that's the way they do it over there- identify who'd be good at it and if they wanna, then train them up. it's a good attitude and i think anyone wants to learn deserves a bit of help.
        respect for coming on here asking for advice. just try and understand the reasons behind the things that people advise you to do, like why you should be looking up for example- pretty easy if you think about it, but you understood why to begin with you wouldn't be so likely to do it. if you can really figure out the reasons for doing stuff then you'll learn real well.

Comment

Originally posted by Be_kind_rewind View Post

good quote for ya:
          "Above all things, never think that you're not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. My belief is that in life people will take you at your own reckoning."
          Isaac Asimov- although I nicked this quote out of a book I just finished on strength training, ha ha

go down the gym, work on what you've been learning, ask people stuff, act serious and acknowledge the fact that you ARE taking it serious coz you ARE- most peopel ain't gonna waste their time or risk criticism posting videos if they ain't bothered about boxing. Just do your thing and people will notice.

Comment

Why do people try to become boxers at home? Get to a ****ing gym and that can't be fast enough really.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
              Why do people try to become boxers at home? Get to a ****ing gym and that can't be fast enough really.
              he does go to a gym but wants and needs some advice, good on the lad for trying to improve.
              why do do you waste your time with posting pointless miserable comments?

Comment

Next time shadowbox in front of a mirror and look at your self as you punch.

The way you shadowbox will not help you out because your trying to stay in the shell on your video. do not hold your jab.You only do that in feints.jab all the way.and keep in mind your breathing too. there's a system on breathing and punching.remember tho what we tell you is "our" way of doing it.You will develop one that suits you well eventually.

Comment

Working...
                X