Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am i Telegraphinh my punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be an azzhole but seriously whats with all of u guys trying to learn by your own... go to a gym bro a trainer will fix those mistakes. Thats the whole purpose of training.U seem to be in shape so if u wanna learn how to throw proper punches then go and train them.

Cheers men keep up the good work !

Comment

Originally posted by Maxgaggi View Post
      bro, a few pointers:

1: close your hands
      2: throw proper defined punches
      3: extend your arms while straight-punching
      4: look ahead of you, not at the ground

but thanks for posting, good luck!
      yeah i agree with all that.

only fully close your hands just before where you would be landing if you were actually hitting something- this way the punches come out quicker and have an explosive quality on impact, and when defending you won't have to unclench your fists before catching, blocking or parrying shots = a fraction quicker, but those fractions add up a lot! that said, don't have them open the rest of the time- so in a fist but not a tightened fist, so you could maybe fit one of the fingers from your other hand into the gap between your fingers and palm of the hand if that makes sense!?

definitely look ahead- you'll be able to see where you're aiming, see your opponent's punches and it will help your balance because the head is a real heavy part of the body and leaning it forward puts your weight forward
      screwing up your centre of gravity.

an improvement on your first video though, nice one!

Comment

Actually you re not, You're quite fast.

However you need to improve your guard, your right hand try to put it where your chin is.
        You need more head, and hip movement. and try to twist it everytime you punch w/ your right hands and uppercuts.

try to improve this and you ll be a dangerous man lol

cheers

Comment

u tend to shake your left hand just a little before you throw your flurrys, but i had to look real hard to see that

Comment

you need to add some feints into your game man.

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
              Not to be an azzhole but seriously whats with all of u guys trying to learn by your own... go to a gym bro a trainer will fix those mistakes. Thats the whole purpose of training.U seem to be in shape so if u wanna learn how to throw proper punches then go and train them.

hopefully he is already going to a gym, if not then yeah it would be a good start!
              you have a lot of faith in boxing coaches though, if you lived where i do you'd be more pessimistic, the gyms and coaches are awful. a half-decent coach will sort him out but a bad one won't.
              he needs get to a decent gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
                you need to add some feints into your game man.
                you honestly think that's on the priority list?

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                  hopefully he is already going to a gym, if not then yeah it would be a good start!
                  you have a lot of faith in boxing coaches though, if you lived where i do you'd be more pessimistic, the gyms and coaches are awful. a half-decent coach will sort him out but a bad one won't.
                  he needs get to a decent gym.

I'm actually in a gym and i trained for about a year and some change then stopped for two years. I've been back for two months. I'm gonna need someone at the gym to record me doing heavy bag. I clearly have some bad habits when i shadowbox, and when i hit the bag i don't do the same thing, my punches are more refined.

but how will my bad habits at shadowboxing effect me when I fight tottally differntly when im on the bag or in the ring?

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post

I don't know about you but i feel that this video shows that i have some sort of training under my belt. but i do understand where your coming from, because one I do look like i'm trying to copy what i've seen on tv, but it's all natural our trainer wants us to show swag and confidence when we box, so i'm trying to get that in. also, and for some reason I was throwing my punches fully. I'm gonna have someone record me at the gym nexxt time.

Comment

Yes you telegraph your punches, you are really in a gym?
                      Maybe you new in Boxing?

Comment

Working...
                      X