No announcement yet.

Is this diet good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this diet good?

Im a boxer, i dont want to lose weight but i got some fat in my mid section that i want to get rid of. is this diet good for a amateur boxer, remember i got work n stuff

breakfast

3 wheetabixs
    yogurt
    banana
    few dark chocolate pieces

break
    apple
    banana

lunch
    might have a tuna sandwhich, brown bread style
    juice

few hours later
    might have some wheetabix again and a bit of fruit

dinner
    grilled chicken, salad, around some japatis/bread/buritoo wraps

---------------

i constantly drink water throughout the day
    ---------

i feel as those during the week i have to much bread, what else can i have instead of bread. is rice good?

your is good,for me i have 3 eggs [over easy]with 8 pieces of crisp bacon and 4 slices of toast[white bread,lightly buttered in the morning,for lunch i have a super sub and for dinner i have a plate of spaghetti layered with tomato sauce sprinkled with cheese and topped with 3 meatballs

Comment

i think if you take a banana out, it'll make a lot of difference. remember, banana's are a lot of energy, that'll make u fat too. one a day is more than enough actually. the rest is great, brown bread is great, you can use brown rice too. if you want my style: try to keep the amount of food during the day at a slant: eat the most in the morning, have snacks during the day, less lunch, little snack again and small dinner at least 2 hrs before going to bed (and a cup of hot milk, i'm a big kid, sue me, lol).

Comment

Originally posted by paulsinghnl View Post
        i think if you take a banana out, it'll make a lot of difference. remember, banana's are a lot of energy, that'll make u fat too. one a day is more than enough actually. the rest is great, brown bread is great, you can use brown rice too. if you want my style: try to keep the amount of food during the day at a slant: eat the most in the morning, have snacks during the day, less lunch, little snack again and small dinner at least 2 hrs before going to bed (and a cup of hot milk, i'm a big kid, sue me, lol).
        should i have a banana half an hour before training, i gotta eat lol

Comment

if i eat only a banana i would still be hungry,i usually consume 3 bananas and they hold me off until i eat the good stuff

Comment

it's up to you, i mostly have an apple or some juice before training. a banana is a little ball of energy you know? if you really need it before training, then have it. i don't want u to get in bad shape when u spar or anything, but banana's are just a lot of energy you know? if you don't use all that energy (which with 2 or 3 bananas is a lot) it converts into fat. at least that's what i've learnt. if u have a very active job and lifestyle, it's alright though.

http://www.lohana.info/Readers%20Con...%20Bananas.pdf

Comment

Thats a pretty good diet although its kind of lacking in protein, add some eggs, beans and eat a bit more lean meat in general. Although if you are trying to lose a bit of fat then I'd lay off the eggs.

Up your lean meat intake a little bit though, or try adding protein rich beans and legumes like chickpeas or butterbeans to your lunch, you can buy them precooked in a can but make sure you give them a good rinse first so you're not consuming too much sodium. You need the extra protein to let your body recover from intensive training.

Also if you are looking to lose weight you should drop the dark chocolate, dark choc in general is pretty good for you (lots of antioxidants etc) but most dark chocolate has a very high sugar content, so unless you can find some good sugar free chocolate (or make your own!) I'd stay away from it.

Plus Paulsinghnl is right, the banana has a very high sugar content for a fruit and if you eat too many of them you wont lose weight. Id probably choose an apple for before training and then a banana after training to replenish your glycogen levels (main source of a boxers energy).

Just make sure you get enough good carbs before and after training to fuel and refuel your body, and make sure you get more protein down you so your body can recover better.

Dont avoid good fats either, good fats keep your body healthy, I know you are looking to lose a bit of fat but the real killer is sugar and carbs, too many carbs and you wont lose that weight simple as that.

And yeah rice is good as long as its brown rice or wild rice.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
                Thats a pretty good diet although its kind of lacking in protein, add some eggs, beans and eat a bit more lean meat in general. Although if you are trying to lose a bit of fat then I'd lay off the eggs.

Up your lean meat intake a little bit though, or try adding protein rich beans and legumes like chickpeas or butterbeans to your lunch, you can buy them precooked in a can but make sure you give them a good rinse first so you're not consuming too much sodium. You need the extra protein to let your body recover from intensive training.

Also if you are looking to lose weight you should drop the dark chocolate, dark choc in general is pretty good for you (lots of antioxidants etc) but most dark chocolate has a very high sugar content, so unless you can find some good sugar free chocolate (or make your own!) I'd stay away from it.

Plus Paulsinghnl is right, the banana has a very high sugar content for a fruit and if you eat too many of them you wont lose weight. Id probably choose an apple for before training and then a banana after training to replenish your glycogen levels (main source of a boxers energy).

Just make sure you get enough good carbs before and after training to fuel and refuel your body, and make sure you get more protein down you so your body can recover better.

Dont avoid good fats either, good fats keep your body healthy, I know you are looking to lose a bit of fat but the real killer is sugar and carbs, too many carbs and you wont lose that weight simple as that.

And yeah rice is good as long as its brown rice or wild rice.
                yup, kill that peanutbutter jar, put it in your breakfast wholegrain shake, or in your oatmeal if you like that, or just on that sandwich. great fats and great proteins.

Comment

First thing you should do is workout how many calories you need then work from there. After all, overeating is what will make you fat.

I agree with some of the other comments, get some more protein and good fats with every meal mate. It keeps the hunger away.

Comment

Pretty good, although in my opinion you're eating a little too much protein. Obviously you know your body better than anyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X