No announcement yet.

Best shoes for TRAINING (not fighting)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
    Yes I use them for boxing. They are wonderful.

However, I'm thinking of trying the other models to see if there is a difference in lateral movements, because the Bikila model is the only model that has a different sole (made for running).

I hear it's bad to use running shoes for lateral movement activities, because the sole is made to help you go only one direction, Forward.

I hated using running shoes for sparring! It was better to use cross-training shoes and boxing/wrestling shoes. With the Vibram FiveFingers Bikila, I can definitely move easier in all directions with them.

The only downside to these shoes, is that it will take 2-3 weeks to get used to them, because plenty of the leg/foot muscles have been atrophied due to using supportive shoes. Those muscles will get stronger after spending time in the Vibrams.

The KSO is the most popular model.
    Gonna try these out next for stuff outside the ring. My gym wont let us use anything else but boxing or wrestling shoes when in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post

Yes, use the site's store locator. The new model "Bikila" is ONLY available in stores, which I have.

Words can't express how much I love these shoes.

After years and years of trying virtually all types of
      what shoe to wear with chinos, I have finally found the shoe that does not give me any kind of foot pain.

They are great for every activity.

I have seen videos of UFC fighter Rashad Evans, and former 140 champion Lovemore Ndou, wear them in training
      So I like to mix running in with my boxing. I have a decent home boxing gym. But I hate running, then getting home and changing my shoes, then boxing. What is a good cross training shoe so I can go straight from a running workout to boxing? I only ask because I've tried just boxing in my running shoes, but I get bad blisters. And I'm definitely not going running in my boxing shoes for more than a run around the block at least.

Comment

Working...
      X