Best shoes for TRAINING (not fighting)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Smoke View Post
    Zig Techs.
    Horrible shoes for training. Those soles are too big and make you land with your heal first when you should be bouncing off your toes

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Rock View Post
        lmao I want to fight in these

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
          anyone use running shoes while training for boxing? my feet and heels hurt like **** midway through training.. It hurts more when Im a gym with wooden floors, it has to be the pivoting.
          I do and the balls of my feet are always eaw for some reason.

Comment

I use these, great results. I use them for running and training.

www.vibramfivefingers.com

If you do research on these, you will have a difficult time finding negative reviews, at least when it comes to the legit non-counterfeit product.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
              I use these, great results. I use them for running and training.

www.vibramfivefingers.com

If you do research on these, you will have a difficult time finding negative reviews, at least when it comes to the legit non-counterfeit product.
              intriguiging....
              are they available in any stores?

Comment

Originally posted by Yael The Great View Post
                intriguiging....
                are they available in any stores?
                Yes, use the site's store locator. The new model "Bikila" is ONLY available in stores, which I have.

Words can't express how much I love these shoes.

After years and years of trying virtually all types of running shoes, I have finally found the shoe that does not give me any kind of foot pain.

They are great for every activity.

I have seen videos of UFC fighter Rashad Evans, and former 140 champion Lovemore Ndou, wear them in training.

Comment

Yes, use the site's store locator. The new model "Bikila" is ONLY available in stores, which I have.

Words can't express how much I love these shoes.

After years and years of trying virtually all types of running shoes, I have finally found the shoe that does not give me any kind of foot pain.

They are great for every activity.

I have seen videos of UFC fighter Rashad Evans, and former 140 champion Lovemore Ndou, wear them in training.
                  I keep hearing about these shoes. Do you use them for boxing? does it affect your pivoting or movement in anyway?

the nearest place it looks like for me is more than 50 miles away. I definetely need to try them on first, not gonna buy online.

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
                    I keep hearing about these shoes. Do you use them for boxing? does it affect your pivoting or movement in anyway?

the nearest place it looks like for me is more than 50 miles away. I definetely need to try them on first, not gonna buy online.
                    Yes I use them for boxing. They are wonderful.

However, I'm thinking of trying the other models to see if there is a difference in lateral movements, because the Bikila model is the only model that has a different sole (made for running).

I hear it's bad to use running shoes for lateral movement activities, because the sole is made to help you go only one direction, Forward.

I hated using running shoes for sparring! It was better to use cross-training shoes and boxing/wrestling shoes. With the Vibram FiveFingers Bikila, I can definitely move easier in all directions with them.

The only downside to these shoes, is that it will take 2-3 weeks to get used to them, because plenty of the leg/foot muscles have been atrophied due to using supportive shoes. Those muscles will get stronger after spending time in the Vibrams.

The KSO is the most popular model.
                    Last edited by boxingsmash69; 07-08-2010, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Yes I use them for boxing. They are wonderful.

However, I'm thinking of trying the other models to see if there is a difference in lateral movements, because the Bikila model is the only model that has a different sole (made for running).

I hear it's bad to use running shoes for lateral movement activities, because the sole is made to help you go only one direction, Forward.

I hated using running shoes for sparring! It was better to use cross-training shoes and boxing/wrestling shoes. With the Vibram FiveFingers Bikila, I can definitely move easier in all directions with them.

The only downside to these shoes, is that it will take 2-3 weeks to get used to them, because plenty of the leg/foot muscles have been atrophied due to using supportive shoes. Those muscles will get stronger after spending time in the Vibrams.

The KSO is the most popular model.

nice, I like. there were excercises to work out the bottom of your feet, but this will work better.

i use running shoes for boxing and sparring, my heels ache midway through.

Comment

Working...
                      X