No announcement yet.

Damaged hands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Would 18oz gloves provide more protection?
    Yes, plus they will do your fitness good because your body will get used to using heavy gloves.

Hitting the bag with bag mitts feels completely different to hitting the bag with 18oz gloves though, with 18oz gloves you will feel like you arent hitting the bag hard and you might feel a bit clunky. Bag mitts are way more fun but its better to train with heavier gloves for both fitness and protection.

Also that slip on glove looks strange, is it one of those gel wrap things? Might just be the shape of them making your knuckles hurt? Having said that though Ive heard some good things about gel wraps

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
      Yes, plus they will do your fitness good because your body will get used to using heavy gloves.

Hitting the bag with bag mitts feels completely different to hitting the bag with 18oz gloves though, with 18oz gloves you will feel like you arent hitting the bag hard and you might feel a bit clunky. Bag mitts are way more fun but its better to train with heavier gloves for both fitness and protection.
      yeah it's purely for fitness/protection. I want to be able to train on the bag for an hour plus without damaging my hands further.

What do you think of these 20oz gloves?

they're martial art gloves, but will they do the same job?

Also that slip on glove looks strange, is it one of those gel wrap things? Might just be the shape of them making your knuckles hurt? Having said that though Ive heard some good things about gel wraps
      it's possible, they're a size to big at XL, but I read a review which said to buy them a size bigger - the wrong move with hindsight.

Comment

Anyone reckon these safety training gloves would be suitable?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Safety-Train...6160854&sr=8-3

Comment

yeah it's a fair point but it's the knuckles that are hurting, specifically, the two outside knuckles on the right hand.

What about the actual gloves, does it matter what type or size they are in terms of cushioning?
          You should hit the bag with boxing gloves. I make my fighters hit the bag with at least 14oz gloves, preferably 16oz. It makes for a better work out and gives you great protection on your hands.

I have never used bag gloves.

Comment

Anyone reckon these safety training gloves would be suitable?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Safety-Train...6160854&sr=8-3
            Those should be fine but like I said, it might feel a bit awkward and clunky hitting the bag with gloves that big. You could opt for a more compact glove (but still the same weight) which might not offer as much protection as those safety training gloves but still offer more protection than most gloves.

Comment

I would invest in some real wraps before purchasing gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Right2TheTemple View Post
                xylocaine is your best friend ....
                I LOL'ed

Comment

Plaster wait about 20 minutes for it to harden..

Comment

Working...
                  X