Collapse
No announcement yet.

my second bout video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start getting your elbows higher when throwing. Not so much the jab, but with everything else. Most of your punches are going upward, like some kinda funky 1/2 assed uppercuts. It's a bit weird really.

It isn't uncommon for people to need to work on straightening out their punches, but it is usually because they are too wide and throwing loopy shots. In your case it appears a bit opposite, as in you need to get those elbows higher for the straights and hooks, and work on twisting them more in the process. It's kinda like you are shooting from a tight body guard all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by drh View Post
      looked pretty good to me.
      i'd have my hands a bit higer, and knees bent slightly.

what weight was that at??
      132pounds (60kg)

Comment

Meh, that seemed harsh, rereading my comment. Sorry. g**** on the fight and you look to have decent skills. I guess the thing I noticed and wanted to highlight is just how a lot of the punches are going upward, and to raise your elbow more for the straights and hooks, unless they actually are meant for uppercuts. it gives you more power and helps provide a bit of guard for counters.

Comment

Good job skipper. Keep it up. Don't forget us little people when you go off and become a world champion.

Comment

just listen to ur coaches,train hard and stay focused and never take no one lightly no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
              Well I ****** at my first fight but i think i have really improved my skills
              I have 4-5 months of boxing and this is just the first round that I lost tough---
              Blue Corner

Cricticize away

It was actually pretty good considering its after only 4-5 months of boxing. Biggest problem is moving your back foot first, which is why your crossing your feet, your supposed to move the lead foot first, then! the back foot.

Only other thing i would say is that you seem intent on maintaining distance at all times, that is probably why your going straight back when attacked, when attacked your looking for more punching room to keep it at long range because your inside game is not there yet, therefore when someone bum rushes you they will trap you on the ropes, or worse, land punches on you.

When your on the bag work on your inside game, but make sure you rotate your body sufficiently when throwing punches inside, dont just languish in their ****ing away with both hands though, try to move your head go up and down the bag, just try and be defensively sound when your doing it.

You should be looking to learn all 3 range, inside, mid range(pocket), long range.
              Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 05-25-2010, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Good improvement, work on your footwork and more importantly your balance.

Comment

Thank's everyone i belive i have another bout in a month or so ill try to get all 3 rounds filmed and post here to see if i've improved of not, Thank's everybody

Comment

Working...
                  X