Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to a boxing gym today for the first time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little update since I did this thread; since this section is kinda slow. Its been like three weeks in my training and the coach told me I am doing good for someone with three weeks of training. I still have a lot to learn but I really enjoy doing it and thats the most important part. This week his focusing on me counter punching.

Im orthodox, so my back foot hurts after practice. It seems like I need to upgrade from converse shoes (chucks) to maybe some boxing shoes? I was looking at some nike's online but I really dont know my size. I tried hitting up some local boxing shops but their shoes are ugly as hell lol.

Comment

You sure it's your shoes causing the problem? If yes I suggest you try another pair of cheap flat soled shoes like the kinds used for indoor soccer. Those will probably be fine and save you money over buying boxing specific shoes.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
          You sure it's your shoes causing the problem? If yes I suggest you try another pair of cheap flat soled shoes like the kinds used for indoor soccer. Those will probably be fine and save you money over buying boxing specific shoes.
          well Im getting a blister on my right foot and its effecting me in the gym a lot.

Comment

Where exactly are you getting the blisters on your feet? Could be fit or could be that chucks have very thin soles. And it's possible you're using your legs in a way you haven't before. Maybe try a cross trainer or a running shoe.

Comment

on my right foot under my toe.

Comment

maybe your socks were just bunched up under your toe a little. if you work out like that you gonna get blisters there

and get some new shoes, chucks are terrible for boxing or whatever sport you do

Comment

Yeah I agree chucks are pretty bad. But I'm poor so they got to last me for a while. This week he taught me how to counter a jab or a straight shot by dipping and throwing a hook or uppercut. My feet sometimes get tangle up, but I gotta keep practicing. This week ill be hitting the mits. Wooo

Comment

Some cushioned insoles might do the trick and you can buy them pretty cheap.

Good luck with your training and keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrovampx View Post
                      If anyone gives you free stuff don't take it. They'll expect you pay for it later on by asking for sexual favors.

Also make an example out of someone so no one ****s with you.

Never take showers together with someone in the gym.

Comment

Working...
                      X