• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchDrunk
    Here's a link to the qualification rules for Athens 2004:

http://wwws.athens2004.com/files/cho...BoxingQual.pdf

It's a pdf. file....

Hope that clears up how hard it will be forEngland fighters to qualify for any given Olympic boxing tournament.
    My primary point was that you dont know his skill. He hasnt told you what tournaments he has won, if he has won any, so u cant judge whether he has "no chance" or not. The fact that i stated that people were moaning about England only having 1 representative was because it is an issue in this country that sport and talent often goes unoticed. Look at the England football team for example. So i wasnt saying that we got automatic qualification at all, what i was saying was that in this country we dont promote sport enough for our juniors to be good enough to reach the olympics. So how about u stop ****ing misinterpreting what i say before you start posting.

Comment

Originally posted by eXig3
      My primary point was that you dont know his skill. He hasnt told you what tournaments he has won, if he has won any, so u cant judge whether he has "no chance" or not. The fact that i stated that people were moaning about England only having 1 representative was because it is an issue in this country that sport and talent often goes unoticed. Look at the England football team for example. So i wasnt saying that we got automatic qualification at all, what i was saying was that in this country we dont promote sport enough for our juniors to be good enough to reach the olympics. So how about u stop ****ing misinterpreting what i say before you start posting.
      Here's what you said:
      "Hold on a minute, a country can send however many athletes they want to the olympics, especially as the olympics may be in England in 2012. Its not a matter of another country has a fighter so we cant send one in.
      "A country can send however many athletes the want to the Olympics" ?? Sounds like automatic qualification to me... I'm not misinterpreting that. That is what you said.
      And I never said he has "no chance". I just said his chances, as well as ANY English fighter, are very slim. That you take offense to my way of saying that, is your problem. Not my fault you don't have a sense of humour. I meant absolutely no disrespect towards him or anyone else with the sexchange thing, ok? So how about YOU stop misinterpreting what I say? Thanks..

Comment

Here's what you said:

"A country can send however many athletes the want to the Olympics" ?? Sounds like automatic qualification to me... I'm not misinterpreting that. That is what you said.
        And I never said he has "no chance". I just said his chances, as well as ANY English fighter, are very slim. That you take offense to my way of saying that, is your problem. Not my fault you don't have a sense of humour. I meant absolutely no disrespect towards him or anyone else with the sexchange thing, ok? So how about YOU stop misinterpreting what I say? Thanks..
        Ok so a country has a limit on how many they propose to put in the olympics according to you. No u even said it yourself, they can enter whoever they want into the so called "Championships" which u then said equals automatic qualification. After that is the "play offs" as it where which Amir Khan benefitted from. A country therefore can enter who they want, whether they get into the olympics is a matter of their skill in these qualification stages. And why are they "slim" chances for "ANY English fighter". thats totally wrong, just cos they are british doesnt mean that they have a lower chance than anyone else. So stop ****ing gettin my message wrong u dick.

Comment

It's got nothing to do with how many fighters are in the UK. Each country doesn't get to send a fighter in each weight class.
          There are 8 spots for each weightclass in Europe. So after Russia, Kasakhstan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Bulgaria and a bunch of other eastern countries take most of those spots, you better PRAY that there are no other worthy fighters in Western Europe.
          Put bluntly; you have a better chance of becoming the first female astronaut, who was originally a man, than qualifying for the olympics.
          Do you know how it works in Canada?

I might have to fight for them but still fight out of USA

Comment

Ok so a country has a limit on how many they propose to put in the olympics according to you. No u even said it yourself, they can enter whoever they want into the so called "Championships" which u then said equals automatic qualification. After that is the "play offs" as it where which Amir Khan benefitted from. A country therefore can enter who they want, whether they get into the olympics is a matter of their skill in these qualification stages. And why are they "slim" chances for "ANY English fighter". thats totally wrong, just cos they are british doesnt mean that they have a lower chance than anyone else. So stop ****ing gettin my message wrong u dick.
            The chances are slim for any English fighter, Danish fighter, Norwegian fighter, Portuguese fighter. Fighters from countries that tradititionally don't do that well in amateur boxing. I never said that fighters from England had a lower chance than anybody else. Chances are slim for any fighter. However we were talking about an English fighter, right? So stop getting MY message wrong, haha.

How many English fighters have been in the last two olympics combined? 3? That's not many out of 286 boxers x two olympics, which brings it to 572 fighters. You do the math. that's 0.5%.
            I'd say those chances are pretty slim.
            Also, a country can enter WHO they want, but not HOW MANY they want. So if you're number 10 in your division in England, you won't get to go to any of these tournaments, only the best get to go. And of the best English fighters, only 3 have been able to qualify for the last two olympics. Those are VERY slim chances.
            Let me spell it out: IT IS VERY HARD TO QUALIFY FOR THE OLYMPIC BOXING TOURNAMENT!!! Anybody knows this! If you still don't get it, get someone else to help you, you need it.

Comment

When getting my amateur license, my trainer and manager just hooked me up for that. All I needed to bring was a filled out form from my mom and my birth certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaGreatest
                Do you know how it works in Canada?

I might have to fight for them but still fight out of USA
                As far as I can tell, North and South America, have a total of 6 spots in each division up to Heavyweight. In Heavy and Super heavy, there are 3 spots. There are then 3 qualifying tournaments for these spots. I'd guess they give 'em to the finalists in each tournament. As far as I can tell, it'll be a little easier qualifying for Canada, since you won't have to go through all the National USA qualifying to even get to the international qualifiers.
                There's a total of 28 spots, for the whole world, in each division, except Heavy and Super heavy, with only 16 spots each. So yeah, qualifying is REAL hard, even the Cubans never have more than one in each division.

Comment

The BBC seems to have gotten the picture back in 2000. Here's what it said in an article about Olympic qualification in Europe.
                  The break up of the old USSR had made qualifying via Europe and to a lesser extent Asia, extremely difficult, resulting in only two British boxers, light-heavyweight Courtney Fry and super-heavyweight Audley Harrison, and one Irishman, Michael Roche at light-middleweight, qualifying after eight European tournaments.

Comment

thank all of you, and i read one person wanted to know how old iam....iam only 15, and as of right now i dont train anywhere, i plan on goin to the boxing gym closest to me very soon, but it is like 50 miles to the gym so it is gonna be hard to do, but right now i train a lil bit on my own, like heavy bag, jump rope, run and work out alot. thanks, Denny Estep

Comment

Originally posted by hardhitta15
                      thank all of you, and i read one person wanted to know how old iam....iam only 15, and as of right now i dont train anywhere, i plan on goin to the boxing gym closest to me very soon, but it is like 50 miles to the gym so it is gonna be hard to do, but right now i train a lil bit on my own, like heavy bag, jump rope, run and work out alot. thanks, Denny Estep
                      Best of luck to you!

Comment

Working...
                      X