Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about the Boxing Bob Dummy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not to big them. We have a few at my gym; two on stands and one that is suspended like a heavy bag and held down with a bungee cord. I'll mess around with it every once in a while to practice precision shots, but you really can't hit that thing too hard, so you're not going to get the same workout as with a heavy bag. If that's your only option than it's definitely better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by EzzardFan View Post
      There are two versions of Bob that I have seen. There is a pink soft one with facial features. I find it much to soft to hit with my fist. I'm not a fan of that one. The one I have is a hard black one that's really just the basic outline of a man minus the arms. This one is hard and good to hit, although the body section is arguably too hard unless you wear gloves. The only problem is that I can knock the head off in around 40-50 minutes of intense punching. A replacement torso can be sourced as a spare part but these aren't cheap and it works out at around £1 per minutes usage... and that's after my 50% discount because I go through so many of the bastards...
      you should get a punching bag..

Comment

Originally posted by putaloco View Post
        you should get a punching bag..
        I have a couple of bags too. I have a very hard back that I use for thickening the skin on my knuckles, and also a heavy bag for practicing my punching. Bob lives in my office if I have to work late so I can fit in some training, or vent my frustrations on him. He's also height adjustable so quite cool for finding range on. The Bob also moves in a particular way which has it's uses.

Comment

Working...
        X