Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about the Boxing Bob Dummy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about the Boxing Bob Dummy?

This is the free standing latex dude/torso. I wonder if anyone else has used him, and what the opinions are. I played with one a few minutes years ago, not enough to really see the pros and cons.

The reason i ask, is i'm living in an apartment right now, and it'll be 6months before i can get a house, so i can't hang a bag. I box for fitness & fun, i don't compete, and my only sparring buddy has gone all MMA crazy, and likes to talk about how he'd just keep range and leg kick me for hours.... I don't have any desire to compete, just get a workout.

So a few questions, will bob tear up a carpet? How loud is he, and is he worth anything or just a novelty item.

I think its pretty sick

Comment

I personally hate the things, but if it's for an apartment you may not have much other choice.

Comment

I just started using it at the gym and I like it.

You're able to throw uppercuts better at it than at a regular heavy bag. It's also more realistic since he's got a head, chin, ribs so you can place your punches better.

It is pretty loud though.

Comment

I like it. I don't go banging on it though. I just throw love taps at it. I use it for pin pointing my punches.

Can't really say how loud or if it messes up carpet. I dont bash on it and I don't have one at the pad. Sorry, but I find it useful though.

Comment

I could probably get my fix just tapping on it for a few months before i get into a house.

I just hope its not something gimicky that i'll be bored with in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
              I could probably get my fix just tapping on it for a few months before i get into a house.

I just hope its not something gimicky that i'll be bored with in a few months.
              Do you have a boxing gym near you? my advice is to just get a membership if you do and can afford it, because if its only for 6 months than you can go hit bags whenever you want and make as much noise as you want and probably pay what you would in that 6 months at the gym as youll pay for that bob!

Comment

There pretty nice, the one down at my gym fell apart and my trainer made some kind of Muay-Thai man he calls it, I call him frankenstein
                Last edited by Chex31; 02-25-2010, 12:05 PM.

Comment

No boxing gym near my town, small town in alaska... There are plenty of fitness places that have some boxing equiptment, a few probably have a bob there, but most the bags and whatnot are tore up, and they're in the areobics/dance rooms, so you have to catch it in between classes.

Comment

There are two versions of Bob that I have seen. There is a pink soft one with facial features. I find it much to soft to hit with my fist. I'm not a fan of that one. The one I have is a hard black one that's really just the basic outline of a man minus the arms. This one is hard and good to hit, although the body section is arguably too hard unless you wear gloves. The only problem is that I can knock the head off in around 40-50 minutes of intense punching. A replacement torso can be sourced as a spare part but these aren't cheap and it works out at around £1 per minutes usage... and that's after my 50% discount because I go through so many of the bastards...

Comment

Working...
                    X