equipment for improving reflexes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• equipment for improving reflexes?

hi

just wondered if there were any tools that would improve reflexes; I don't have a sparring partner.

thanks

You have better reflexes by been more relaxed.

Comment

Two options I've used.

Number one, get a tennis ball and a string, attach the tennis ball on the end, attach the other end to the ceiling (few thumb tacks works well). Make sure the ball is head height, and push it lightly. While it is swinging back and forth, walk toward it, and slip and bob under the punches. Start just moving in and out, under the ball, around it. After you feel comfortable with that, keep moving around and now throw a punch or two. Slip, 1,2, bob under, pivot around. 1, slip, 1,2 bob. It is basically shadow boxing with a piece of equiptment.

Second is just strong visualization while shadow boxing. Look at yourself in the mirror to get the idea of a person standing across from you, go into an open area, either close your eyes or leave them open, and imagine a person slowly punching at you. Slip, move back, jab away. Slow down, reset, imagine a slow punch, and go through the head movement and the counter, slowly, making sure to move, each step articulate and well thought out. This will both make your brain want to react a certain way when you want it too under pressure (but only if you do it over and over and over and over and OVER again) Your muscles will react faster, because they know what to do, know what movements to move through. You will be more cordinated. I dont know how many people I see that are really fast shadowboxers and on the bag, but when under pressure, they are akward and dont know what to do. Your mind cant think anymore under pressure, its a different speed. You have to train your body to just react and not think. This alone will help.

Also make sure you are using correct technique. If you use the above method without correct technique, you will learn a habit that is hard to unform. You want to do it right the first time.

Finally, find a sparring partner if you can somehow get ahold of one. Only actually sparring will teach you the correct rhythm of boxing and the feeling of pressure im talking about.

Comment

three tennis balls...start juggling with two...move up to three...see if you can get to five...hand and eye coordination is key...

Comment

You can try playing racquetball.

Comment

Give yourself obstacles to avoid and do that with repetition.

Comment

Nothing. lol, joking.

3 things I will advise....

1. Eat spinach, it improves the nervous system. Or maybe it was another leafy green vegetable.... Nah, i'm sure it's spinach.

2. Eat carrots, it improves the health of your eyes. I'm sure eye health + boxing is self explanitory.

3. 1 friend, pitch dark room, 1 laser. Have your friend fire the laser, you track it with your eye. Sooner or later your vision and reaction time will go wicked. (A trick I learned from Jonathan Stewart; running back of Carolina Panthers)

I have another trick but i'm lazy and don't feel like explaining it in detail right now.

Comment

A Sparring partner?

Comment

double end bag, work on your deffense while sparring looking at your opponents chest, make sure you can see his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tu Pai View Post
                    double end bag, work on your deffense while sparring looking at your opponents chest, make sure you can see his feet.
                    yea teh double end bag.. u can jab at the double end bag and slip side to side throw short combinations slip side to side as the bag comes back

Comment

Working...
                    X