This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/adid...loves-red.html

does anyone know if these gloves are any good?

Comment

• I have the everlast protex 2 gloves, not the 120 dollar pair, the 40 dollar pair. I've ony been boxing for a month and I plan on continuing and competing in the future. How are these Gloves for a beginner? So far they have been fine for me, but I think I'll need to upgrade in the future for sparring and more advanced training. Can you guys recommend plain looking black gloves for less than 100 with good wrist support?

Comment

• Or would it be worth it to get cleto reyes with extra padding for 150?

Comment

• Cleto Reyes Velcro Sparring gloves..?

I am thinking of treating myself to a pair of Cleto reyes Velcro sparring gloves.
          http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/clet...ves-white.html

I will be mostly for heavybag work possibly a little bit of sparring if permitted.

Since i'm going to be spending quite a bit of money as they are pretty expensive here in the uk,I wanted to make sure I get the size that will suit me best.

I weigh about 147lbs and the diameter of my hand measures 8 and 1/4 inches just behind the knuckles.

I was thinking of getting the 16oz any feedback would be appreciated thanks.

Comment

• Cleto Reyes are punchers gloves, hard on your sparring partner. I would get the 18oz for as much padding as I can get.

Comment

• I got the 14oz Reyes velcro and they are pretty big and quite cumbersome, there is loads of room inside even with a well wrapped fist, if sparring I'd go with the 14oz for bag work choose the 12. Although they are Reyes they are very well padded. Btw I'm around 165lbs. Maybe consider Grants, they look a little bit more 'sleeker'

Comment

• I have the 16oz lace ups. They seem light compared to other training gloves but are padded fairly well around the knuckles. I'm the same weight as you and the inside of the glove is wide for my hands so you might want to try them on first.

Comment

• I have 12 oz and they are quite hanrd on your hands(easy to get injured) ... for sparring get 18 oz if you really want Reyes. Also, i wouldn't hit a heavy bag with Reyes, easy to get injured. instead, try everlast protex gloves

Comment

• The extra padding gloves (16oz) are good for heavy bag work and sparring, IMO. I have sensitive hands too. Otherwise I use winnings. I've never tried their other gloves but the extra padding ones provide a lot of protection

Comment

• it doesnt matter what oz you get, they all have the same amount of padding, the glove is just bigger, its not like the padding gets thicker. and 200 bucks for reyes gloves is absolutely insane, you might as well buy winnings

Comment

Working...
                      X