Boxing and Marathon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing and Marathon?

Hey guys

i just started boxing, my gym has training 3 days a week, i go every thursday and tuesday, doing drills, pad work sparring etc. Every saturday i do judo just for fun and the skills.

i want to try running a Marathon or 2 a year, i would Think the cardio would benefit my boxing right? Have any of you any experience with mixing it ?

Originally posted by Moller View Post
    Hey guys

i just started boxing, my gym has training 3 days a week, i go every thursday and tuesday, doing drills, pad work sparring etc. Every saturday i do judo just for fun and the skills.

i want to try running a Marathon or 2 a year, i would Think the cardio would benefit my boxing right? Have any of you any experience with mixing it ?
    A marathon is much easier than boxing.

Boxing is just like running a marathon except for the fact that somebody is beating on you, the whole way, while you're trying to run it.

.................Rockin;
    Last edited by Rockin'; 01-16-2024, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

A marathon is much easier than boxing.

Boxing is just like running a marathon except for the fact that somebody is beating on you. the whole way, while you're trying to run it.

.................Rockin;
      But without roadwork and proper cardio you will be gassed out in a round for most people

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

But without roadwork and proper cardio you will be gassed out in a round for most people
        You completely missed the point.

One swing and one miss..............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

You completely missed the point.

One swing and one miss..............Rockin'
          That's why we have Rockin!
          Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

I've done something similar by integrating long-distance running into my training schedule for martial arts, and it significantly improved my stamina and performance during longer bouts. Just be careful with balancing the load to prevent overtraining, as both boxing and marathon running are quite intensive.

As for supplements, I once used Meldonium, which is a fatty acid oxidation inhibitor, mainly for heart conditions like angina, heart attack, and heart failure. It works by altering pathways for carnitine, which is key in fat metabolism. I tried it briefly to aid my recovery during peak training times. Always check with a health professional before starting any new medication, particularly to understand its implications in sports and legality.
            Last edited by finale; 04-25-2024, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moller View Post
              Hey guys

i just started boxing, my gym has training 3 days a week, i go every thursday and tuesday, doing drills on this website, pad work sparring etc. Every saturday i do judo just for fun and the skills.

Yes, marathon running can benefit your boxing by improving your cardiovascular endurance, which is crucial for sustained performance in the ring. Balancing your training and ensuring proper rest and recovery are key to avoiding overtraining and maximizing the benefits of both activities.

Comment

Working...
              X