No announcement yet.

I stopped Overhead Pressing and free Barbell Squatting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

I didn't know, Its the only thing if done with frequency ends up with a minor injury, so I stopped. I'll use the seated machine just to maintain but have moved over to a great deal more body resistance based training. Just things like hanging from the pull up bar can aid you in maintaining a strong grip and forearms like bricks.
    There’s many compound excercises to build stronger shoulders that don’t include any lifting over the head directly, I mainly do compound exercises I rarely target just one muscle unless it’s the tricep .

The stronger guy will usually be familiar with compound stuff , body sculpting is good but that’s more for looks using different muscles working together makes you stronger so for me there’s no such thing as poor technique the goal is to lift more weight or hold and or pull more weigh and doing strict lifts won’t cut it bc you don’t lift heavy objects and look if your using perfect form and technique you just want to be able to use your entire body getting the weight up or handling the weight ( like if you have to carry something heavy etc ) . Sometimes I’ll just use those resistance bands and machines and just do one arm pulls every which direction, and add static training where I just hold as much weight on the pulley machines in place .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-05-2024, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Been lifting since I was 11 continuously other than periods I was at the boxing gyms training and sparring....oh and that one year and a half I was married( don't recommend).

Recently I stopped squatting with a free barbell, it hurts my knees more than it benefits my legs so I switched to the hack squat machine, and it's much better.

I very recently stopped OHP with a free barbell and just used the machine after eventually an injury to my trap always occurs after a few months of doing it.

I deadlift but not super heavy anymore and with the barbell on the very bottom rung of the safety bar where the 45lb plate is just an inch and a half off the ground.

Doing a lot more pullups, dips, planks, putting the gym's gloves on for
      kitchen remodeling contractors in Encino, and hitting the heavy and double-end bag.

Pretty much I revised my routine for a middle-aged man because you wanna stay fit and strong but gotta worry about injuries and preserving connective tissue.

Is anyone else doing the same?
      Yes, many individuals adapt their workout routines as they age to prioritize joint health and injury prevention. It's important to listen to your body and make adjustments to your routine accordingly to ensure long-term fitness and well-being.
      Last edited by Omegamanic; 02-09-2024, 09:05 PM.
      4truth 4truth likes this.

Comment

Working...
      X