No announcement yet.

Cardio Suggestions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardio Suggestions

Hi all, probably will and deserve to be flamed for this but I've needed to get my body in much better shape when it comes to cardio. I'm relatively strong but its pathetic how quickly I tire. I've been medically checked out btw and don't have any major health issue, I'm just out of shape AF. This summer I started cycling more because I despise running. Really enjoyed it until both the news and blogs provided more detail on the likelihood of getting killed. While it's not high, I have had scary moments and thought its entirely possible I'm one of these people so, I'm out.

For someone early in their journey what sort of cardio do you guys recommend while just continuing to train? Anything outside of running and cycling that you find much better?

Since you are asking this question on a boxing site, have you considered jumping rope and hitting a heavy bag? Intersperse burpees, slam-ball exercises or whatever else you might fancy and you could easily put together a nonstop 30-40 minute routine.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      Since you are asking this question on a boxing site, have you considered jumping rope and hitting a heavy bag? Intersperse burpees, slam-ball exercises or whatever else you might fancy and you could easily put together a nonstop 30-40 minute routine.
      Thanks man, definitely hitting a bag already but I had lazily replaced the structure of an actual routine with "I'm doing this for 30-60 mins a day so its enough". Will see if I can get a better sense of others' routines here. I should've mentioned, its boxing that I'm most interested in improving but recognize there has to be prep outside of it

Comment

I hate running too. I've done a lot of swimming in my life, so I hate that also. I love cycling but it takes a lot of time that I don't have.

I like basketball and I like soccer but getting a game together is difficult and often results in too much time standing around.

This may not be for everyone and I might look like a dork but I can get an excellent workout zig zagging up and down a soccer field in the morning before work. If the basketball court is empty at the gym, I put up 3 pointers, run in to get my rebound and repeat. Either of these activities, with my headphones on, I can do for 30 minutes and it's a lot less boring than a 3 mile run, imo.

Anything you can do vigorously nonstop for more than 20 minutes is cardio. Finding stuff you don't hate isn't easy
        Last edited by 4truth; 12-08-2023, 03:29 PM.
        daveberriglia daveberriglia likes this.

Comment

A combination of burpees for intense cardio, and invest in either a stationary bicycle if you don't like traffic, or an elliptical machine (you can get a basic compact of either second hand on Craigslist pretty cheap). Start slow and gradually chip away at it.

Comment

maybe try Pilates ( https://filmdaily.co/health/wall-pilates/ ) it could help..It enhances endurance, flexibility, and core strength without the injury risk associated with running or cycling.
            Last edited by kamilawal; 12-28-2023, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kamilawal View Post
              maybe try Pilates,it could help
              I've done those myself here and there.

Comment

Search this guy. He's got some great routines.

tenor.gif?itemid=12378964.gif

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  A combination of burpees for intense cardio, and invest in either a stationary bicycle if you don't like traffic, or an elliptical machine (you can get a basic compact of either second hand on Craigslist pretty cheap). Start slow and gradually chip away at it.
                  Burpees build rounds.
                  jaded jaded likes this.

Comment

Join a boxing gym.

And to the guy recommending Pilates for cardio I say grow a pair, you girly man.

..............Rockin' Rattle Snake
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 01-05-2024, 06:27 PM.
                    Boxfan83 WarVeteranO01 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X