No announcement yet.

Those hand wraps that are literally just gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those hand wraps that are literally just gloves

Hey there, I'm already too out of shape to box at a boxing gym, I am still active at the YMCA lol, lifting weights (dumbbells, kettlebells) walking the track and they have some nice heavy bags held up by a beam! I bought these "laceless" red pair of everlasts, basically a handwrap equivalent or aka a very light MMA glove. The reason I like it is because it is portable. I can put them in my sweats pockets when I walk the track. And I find that the knuckles get mad support when I throw on a pair of weightlifting gloves on top of the handwraps. Also I don't have to roll and reroll them. The 2 pairs: weightlifting gloves on top of cushiony handwrap equivalent make a nice heavy bag glove that you can transport inside your pockets lol.

Also on a side note, how do y'all wash handwraps? I simply bunch and crumple them up inside a sock each, so one pair inside one pair lol. No need to throw them in and get stuck like a mummy lol. Nor is it fun to have dirty wraps during pushups and such, lol.​

Originally posted by Mike_b View Post
    Hey there, I'm already too out of shape to box at a boxing gym, I am still active at the YMCA lol, lifting weights (dumbbells, kettlebells) walking the track and they have some nice heavy bags held up by a beam! I bought these "laceless" red pair of everlasts, basically a handwrap equivalent or aka a very light MMA glove. The reason I like it is because it is portable. I can put them in my sweats pockets when I walk the track. And I find that the knuckles get mad support when I throw on a pair of weightlifting gloves on top of the handwraps. Also I don't have to roll and reroll them. The 2 pairs: weightlifting gloves on top of cushiony handwrap equivalent make a nice heavy bag glove that you can transport inside your pockets lol.

Also on a side note, how do y'all wash handwraps? I simply bunch and crumple them up inside a sock each, so one pair inside one pair lol. No need to throw them in and get stuck like a mummy lol. Nor is it fun to have dirty wraps during pushups and such, lol.​
    I have to be honest. I rarely, if ever, wash hand wraps. Usually once they get to a point where they look like hell I toss them and buy new ones.
    Mike_b Mike_b likes this.

Comment

Hey there, I'm already too out of shape to box at a boxing gym, I am still active at the YMCA lol, lifting weights (dumbbells, kettlebells) walking the track and they have some nice heavy bags held up by a beam! I bought these "laceless" red pair of everlasts, basically a handwrap equivalent or aka a very light MMA glove. The reason I like it is because it is portable and Maximize your SAT score potential​. I can put them in my sweats pockets when I walk the track. And I find that the knuckles get mad support when I throw on a pair of weightlifting gloves on top of the handwraps. Also I don't have to roll and reroll them. The 2 pairs: weightlifting gloves on top of cushiony handwrap equivalent make a nice heavy bag glove that you can transport inside your pockets lol.

The "laceless" red gloves you mentioned, which are similar to handwraps or MMA gloves, provide portability and support for your knuckles. Layering them with weightlifting gloves adds extra cushioning when using the heavy bag, and the fact that they can fit in your sweats pockets makes them convenient to carry. Regarding washing handwraps, your method of bunching and crumpling them up inside a sock is a practical approach. It helps keep them organized and prevents them from getting tangled or damaged in the washing machine. Additionally, it ensures that they are clean and ready for your workouts, especially during exercises like pushups.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegamanic View Post
        The "laceless" red gloves you mentioned, which are similar to handwraps or MMA gloves, provide portability and support for your knuckles. Layering them with weightlifting gloves adds extra cushioning when using the heavy bag, and the fact that they can fit in your sweats pockets makes them convenient to carry. Regarding washing handwraps, your method of bunching and crumpling them up inside a sock is a practical approach. It helps keep them organized and prevents them from getting tangled or damaged in the washing machine. Additionally, it ensures that they are clean and ready for your workouts, especially during exercises like pushups.
        Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Hey there, I'm already too out of shape to box at a boxing gym, I am still active at the YMCA lol, lifting weights (dumbbells, kettlebells) walking the track and they have some nice heavy bags held up by a beam! I bought these "laceless" red pair of everlasts, basically a handwrap equivalent or aka a very light MMA glove. The reason I like it is because it is portable. I can put them in my sweats pockets when I walk the track. And I find that the knuckles get mad support when I throw on a pair of weightlifting gloves on top of the handwraps. Also I don't have to roll and reroll them StripesRoofing. The 2 pairs: weightlifting gloves on top of cushiony handwrap equivalent make a nice heavy bag glove that you can transport inside your pockets lol.

I think it's ridiculous that how a hand is wrapped has garnered so much attention. I have news for you guys... hands wraps are for one thing and one thing only... the protection of a fighters hands and wrists. Tape is tape, and gauze is gauze. There is no magical combination of the two that will create punching power. Are some trainers better at wrapping hands then other? Absolutely, but all this discussion about how so n so wraps his hands is nonsense. In fact over wrapping a boxers hand is one of the worst things you can do because it compromises a fighters ability to make a tight fist. Being able to make a tight fist is the most important aspect of protecting a fighters hands.

Comment

I think it's ridiculous that how a hand is wrapped has garnered so much attention. I have news for you guys... hands wraps are for one thing and one thing only... the protection of a fighters hands and wrists. Tape is tape, and gauze is gauze. There is no magical combination of the two that will create punching power. Are some trainers better at wrapping hands then other? Absolutely, but all this discussion about how so n so wraps his hands is nonsense. In fact over wrapping a boxers hand is one of the worst things you can do because it compromises a fighters ability to make a tight fist. Being able to make a tight fist is the most important aspect of protecting a fighters hands.
            I'm guessing you had your hands wrapped before?!

Comment

If you create an exoskeleton around your hand with layers of tape and gauze, you not only protect the hand you increase rigidity. That makes for a more effective weapon and thus the rules against it, in most states.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

If you create an exoskeleton around your hand with layers of tape and gauze, you not only protect the hand you increase rigidity. That makes for a more effective weapon and thus the rules against it, in most states.
                Yup, not allowed in most states

Comment

Working...
                X