No announcement yet.

Boxing As Self Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

I'm talking about in the ring. In a street fight I'm doing a dropkick followed by a Roman Reigns superman punch
    Thats weird, because the thread is about self-defense which is street.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

You have no idea who you're talking to. 58 years old and all you do is come on a website to spray AIDS all over the place. You must have lost it all in life, am I right?

Yea man, nobody ever did nothing because your old broke ass can't handle the truth. Just some early mornin drunk old hater getting his jollies.

These are your most recent comments, Jesus Man LMAO!
      1. Are you that ******** dumb?
      2. I could continue but you’re way too ****** to have an intelligent boxing conversation with....
      3. Go away, you’re momma’s calling you. Hold on, scratch that, it’s me your mommas calling for.
      4. Lil Bytche, No one ever gets “owned” by someone so ******
      5. This idiot can’t remember which lie he told last....
      6. Obviously a knob gobbling move by Hearn
      7. You tongue bathing Oscars testicles?
      8. Please explain that ignorant statement....
      9. You’ve proven once again, you’re a belligerent idiot
      10. Have you ever had an original idea in your life?
      11. Wrong as usual.
      12. This is a useless thread created by an idiot.
      13. You’re a buffoon.
      Every single day you're just rolling into threads and going turbo on people unprovoked. At least my dustups are fun to read, good natured, and nutritious.
      No time to read novels written by an idiot. As noted, every regular poster here recognizes you for the douche bag you obviously are.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

No time to read novels written by an idiot.
        You did write most of it, you're spot on there for once!

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

You did write most of it, you're spot on there for once!

You’re an idiot and every regular poster here recognizes you as such.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

You’re an idiot and every regular poster here recognizes you as such.
            You keep saying that, to me and everyone else. Maybe you're the problem?

The below are all your comments to other people.
            1. Are you that ******** dumb?
            2. I could continue but you’re way too ****** to have an intelligent boxing conversation with....
            3. Go away, you’re momma’s calling you. Hold on, scratch that, it’s me your mommas calling for.
            4. Lil Bytche, No one ever gets “owned” by someone so ******
            5. This idiot can’t remember which lie he told last....
            6. Obviously a knob gobbling move by Hearn
            7. You tongue bathing Oscars testicles?
            8. Please explain that ignorant statement....
            9. You’ve proven once again, you’re a belligerent idiot
            10. Have you ever had an original idea in your life?
            11. Wrong as usual.
            12. This is a useless thread created by an idiot.
            13. You’re a buffoon.
            You got to admit, it's very consistent!

Comment

Originally posted by Photon Guy View Post
              Anybody take up boxing primarily for the reason of self defense? I do know boxing is sport fighting and that most people go into it as a sport but I also believe it has great value as a form of self defense acid staining tampa. Would the training be any different if you train in boxing for self defense as opposed if you train in boxing for sport fighting?
              Yes, many people take up boxing primarily for the purpose of self-defense. While boxing is a combat sport with its own rules and regulations, the skills and techniques learned in boxing training can be highly effective for self-defense situations.

When training in boxing for self-defense, there are a few considerations that can be taken into account:
              1. Practical Techniques: Focus on practical techniques that can be used in real-life self-defense scenarios. This may include strikes, defensive maneuvers, footwork, and effective use of distance and timing.
              2. Situational Awareness: Emphasize the importance of situational awareness and understanding potential threats. Self-defense training often includes learning how to assess and react to different situations, including recognizing potential danger signs and avoiding or de-escalating confrontations whenever possible.
              3. Defense Against Multiple Attackers: Self-defense training may also incorporate strategies and drills to address situations involving multiple attackers, as this is a realistic scenario that may arise in real-life self-defense situations.
              4. Legal Considerations: Understand the legal aspects of self-defense, including the use of force and appropriate levels of response. It's important to train with a clear understanding of the legal implications and limitations when it comes to self-defense.

It's worth noting that while boxing can be an effective component of self-defense training, it should ideally be complemented with training in other areas such as situational awareness, conflict resolution, and learning techniques from other martial arts or self-defense systems. Additionally, self-defense training should focus not only on physical techniques but also on mental preparedness and developing a confident mindset.

Ultimately, the training approach in boxing for self-defense may incorporate adaptations and specific focus on practical application, situational awareness, and self-defense principles.

Comment

Originally posted by Photon Guy View Post
                Anybody take up boxing primarily for the reason of self defense? I do know boxing is sport fighting and that most people go into it as a sport but I also believe it has great value as a form of self defense. Would the training be any different if you train in boxing for self defense as opposed if you train in boxing for sport fighting?
                When you take a real self defense class there is no boxing ,karate or any other art specific. Your being taught to use techniques that work and which are mostly illegal in sports . A better instructor though knows the utilization of a jab ( though that’s probably the last punch one would want to throw if they are weaker etc ) your not looking to set punches you want the first direct shot that gives you safety.

A person wishing to actually train a specific art trains solely on those skills in that art …a real self defense class won’t have a set structure . Boxing is a great tool for using against any attacker , but if you don’t use the application of a style ,understand it so you know what’s coming at you .

A better fighter in a self defense class will obviously be more aggressive of a foundation like boxing , a less weaker individual will use vital areas to strike first , no pressure points , spin kicks etc …if someone one is teaching that walk out ….that takes years to actually do . lol

Boxing is a very optimal tool as it’s the easiest form of any martial art, but when you get the right instructor they will tailor the attacks to the individual,and they would mainl y be vital areas in reality first( groin , eyes , throat ) bc people who go to self defense classes don’t actually know how to fight skillfully most the time .
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-13-2023, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Boxing is a very optimal tool as it’s the easiest form of any martial art,
                  Boxing is easy?

Precisely what is easy about it? .......................Rockin'
                  Last edited by Rockin'; 07-13-2023, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

Boxing is easy?

Precisely what is easy about it? .......................Rockin'
                    The practical punches are it’s very body friendly mechanics …pro boxing ? …not so much you have to actually teach a fighter other skills bc they will fight other skilled guys .

I was in martial arts since the early 90”s and taught self defense not long ago …I actually went against many traditional concepts but when i defeated my Sensai best fighter with just boxing they understood. Of course he wasn’t a great fighter he was a dojo guy with no real experience on a street..etc etc….

Boxing however is the easiest friendly form to teach as anyone can throw simple combinations..it’s when you actually take a complicated martial art that has to be perfectly timed when it’s not so easy . And trust me a simple jab will beat most martial artists bc they aren’t taught to use it and that’s a very effective tool obviously…..
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-13-2023, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X