When does progression slow down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g00dz View Post
    it depends on your trainer and how far he pushes you

it's different for everyone, im sure, but i found that after i got a better trainer, i was constantly improving. the plateau's lasted about a week or 2 (rarely a month) and i was constantly learning new things, and improving existing things

if you find yourself on a perpetual plateau, i recommend finding a different trainer, speaking directly from personal experience; good luck to ya.
    Agreed. Your trainer won't be able to teach you everything. Get an opinion from different fighters who sparr with you or not and from other trainers, try to tape yourself as often as possible, become a student of the game watching fights and picking up on things that could work for you.

Comment

You cant put a number on progression, not even when weight lifting. It all depends on the individual. If your a dumbass that doesnt think and just swings away Im guessing your progress will stop pretty quick but if you think about what your doing as your doing it and after, then you'll keep progressing, sometimes you'll progress slowly other times fast or not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by KiengKoopa View Post
        As with all new things, you can see progress pretty quickly when you first begin. Just wondering, typically when do you hit a "plateau" in boxing and improvements start to become very slow? After a year or so of training?2?3? Kind of like lifting weights, you get stronger quickly and kind of pause at a certain weight.
        Actually, with me and most of the guys I know it were the basics that were the longest and hardest to get good with. It took a complete revamping of balance and coordination. From that point everything else went much easier and faster.

Comment

i think doing the same intensity training over a few months you're body will get bored of it... gotta amp up the training intensity once your body gets used to the old regiment.

Comment

ive heard lots of trainers say you peak at about 29 years give or take a few depending on the person

Comment

I am 36 and feel I am still learning and progressing, I believe I can be a better boxer than when I officially fought last in 2001, I know I am stronger, donīt know about faster but I believe it is possible to progress even now with the right training and focus on technique.

Comment

Working...
              X